Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day Two! 24 hours and BEYOND!

January262012004_zpsd16f9b9c-1_zps9145173a photo January262012004_zpsd16f9b9c-1_zps9145173a-1_zpsb1e191ac.jpg
9am on day two. I made it through the first full day, 24 hours and beyond! When I woke up this morning I felt great!  Yesterday I made it three minutes until I had a terrible chew craving.  Today, I made it about 10 minutes. I don’t have a headache (yet), body aches (yet) or anything that is really physically bothering me (yet.)

However, my brain keeps saying “Have a dip!”  “You need a dip!”  Hurry, you need one!”   It’s making me want to chew on my own teeth.  I’m continuing to move by doing whatever I can-jogging up and down the steps, shoveling the snow off the sidewalk (the same snow that I already shoveled lol), making a cup of coffee, etc.

Speaking of coffee, I have become a “coffee drinker” since this journey started.  I really don’t know much about coffee.  I know that I like regular coffee with a little bit of cream and 3-4 packets of sweet n low.  I don’t really even need cream. We have a Keurig Machine and I truly enjoy the “Donut Shop” K-cups.  We are always looking for new flavors and what not but you have to watch out, no one wants to pay $10.00-$13.00 for something they may end up not liking.  One thing I can assure you, there are PLENTY of K-cups out there that I wouldn’t like!  The strong the coffee, I less I’ll enjoy it.

January262012002_zps5bb1e1b3 photo January262012002_zps5bb1e1b3-1_zps133d5dba.jpg

Thanks to Stacy, we have stayed rather busy today.  We went to the grocery store, library, Wal-Mart and Dollar Tree.  That really helped me stay busy and keep my mind off chewing.  However, the strain from the lack of nicotine combined with the running around has really exhausted me.  I feel ok, as in I don’t feel achy or even irritable, I just feel flat out exhausted.  If I was still chewing, or NEVER started chewing, all the running around today would have been no sweat.  Instead I’m tired and beat at 3:40pm on a Saturday.  Pathetic. Then again, I’d rather be quitting dip and tired because of it, than still dipping and “feeling” fine. 

In yesterday’s blog I told you I would tell you more about the sunflower seeds I have been chewing to help me.  Most people, including me believe/believed that sunflower seeds are all the same, regardless of flavor at the end of the day.  I believed that as well, until yesterday.  I bought a flavor called “Spicy Sweet Chili,” and I can’t even begin to mention how good they are!  They are AWESOME!  Not to mention, I got them at the Dollar Tree!  Only a buck!

January262012003_zps3ab1d676 photo January262012003_zps3ab1d676-1_zps40a53cc7.jpg

We’re having stuffed peppers for dinner.  It’ll be the first time Stacy and I have ever made them.  My mom made them when I was growing up and my whole family loved them!  Tonight Stacy and I will give it a try!  See Stacy’s newest post later tonight for the results!

Now, before I end this blog for the night, I have something to get off my chest.  Stacy and I realized this today.  The more you care about your body for the good, the more expensive it is!  When someone TRULY (not half assed) tries to switch their diet from eating anything and everything to a balanced, nutrient rich diet, it WILL cost you more!  We also noticed something else that backs up this very same reasoning.  Today we went into the Discount Tobacco Store to buy FAKE chew (yes, FAKE CHEW!) and we realized that three cans of nicotine free fake chewing tobacco costs more than three cans of real chewing tobacco!  Are you kidding me!? Thankfully, tonight is my last chewing the fake stuff to.  Oh and Stacy has a nick name for fake dip….Fip!  Get it?

It’s bed time and my head is absolutely killing me.  I’m not in a good mood and I just want to sleep.  However, I can say I made it through 48 hours!  PLEASE let tomorrow be better.  

1 comment: