Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Day 6 and a $50,000 realization!

Day-6_zpsf7741999-1_zpsa68c123f photo Day-6_zpsf7741999-1_zpsa68c123f-1_zps92962fce.jpg

Today has been strange, but in the best way possible.  I’ve been a giant ball of positive energy!  I haven’t had this much energy in a long time!  I think being 100% nicotine free and on several vitamins/supplements has something to do with it.  I also think I’m happy, flat out happy.  I think Stacy is happy, the kids are happy, our family is happy.  All of that is what makes me happy.  Wouldn’t it make you happy??

 
I have been moving pretty much non stop all day.  However, I’ve been using my weird positive energy for the good, I promise.  I’ve been washing dishes, making lunch, vacuuming, doing laundry, taking the dog out, cleaning up, etc.  Hell, it’s not even 2:30 yet!  I have only had one “fake dip” so far today, although I’ve had several cravings.  Staying legitimately busy is the BEST way to beat cravings, well that or sleep.  I like to stay busy, that way I can sleep at night.  One of the side effects of quitting dip is insomnia.  So far I’ve been lucky; I haven’t had many issues sleeping.

 
I think I have been driving Stacy nuts!  BUT, I think I’ve been driving her nuts in a good way!  I’m in a happy, positive, confident mood as compared to a bitter, grouchy and failing mood.

 
Ok…..Are you ready for this?  Seriously, ARE. YOU. READY???  Here we go…

 
Stacy and I have sat down and figured out how much I have spent of chewing tobacco over the years. When we figured it out and that final number popped up, it made my heart hurt, my stomach hurt and my legs got weak.  It made me cringe.  And on top of all that, every factor that we weren’t absolutely sure of, we estimated low, meaning we gave me the benefit of the doubt.  So, after calculation of how much money I/we have spent JUST on chewing tobacco over the years…..It came out to $47,520.00!!!!!

 
Yes, you read that right.  And Sadly, I guarantee it’s higher.  Like I said, we estimated LOW!  Imagine what I/we could have done with almost $50,000.00! A lot of stuff!

 
I just got back from Turkey Hill.  I got two large frozen cokes and a 16oz coffee.  It came out to $3.58.  While I was putting my card back in my wallet, I over heard the guy behind ask for a pack of Marlboro Reds.  He also had a 24oz coffee.  I listened and looked on (stalked) very carefully to make sure he didn’t order anything else.  His final order one coffee and one pack of cigarettes.  Guess what it came to price wise?  Go ahead and guess…..If you guessed $9.79 you are correct!  It was $9.79 for one coffee and one pack of smokes!  I knew tobacco was expensive, but wow!  No, chew isn’t THAT expensive, but I always bought several cans at a time.  Now you can see how fast money can be burnt when you have an addiction to nicotine huh?

 
Ok, back to the good news.  I’ve had several good days in a row.  Today is the absolute best I’ve had yet!  Positive energy ALL day and night!   Yes, I still get many cravings through out the day but I’m getting better at controlling them with my mind. I have great support and many people who believe in me.  That means A LOT!

 
When someone chews tobacco for 16 years, what is a good thing to try when he finally quits?  Teeth whitening! Since we are doing this blog, I’m going to use a cheap store bought whitening and Stacy is going to use a home remedy that she found on Pinterest.  BOTH are supposed to whiten our teeth.  Perhaps I’m ignorant, but I have never seen or heard someone use a store bought teeth whitener and have major success with it.  That doesn’t mean they don’t work, it just means I don’t know anyone who used them and had success. With that being said, it makes me question the kind I’m using even MORE, considering it was less than $7.00 to buy at the store.  If I actually notice a difference, I’ll be very pleasantly surprised!  I honestly believe that Stacy’s home remedy will work better.  We shall see! See below.  On the top is the store bought stuff (duh), on the bottom is the home remedy. The teeth whitening competition begins tomorrow!
photo_zps7fe679bd photo photo_zps7fe679bd-1_zpscabe6d7f.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment