Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

DAy 95: A Big Thank You To Everyone At www.KillTheCan.org

 photo d1c9fb33-c0c3-40a9-98d7-993990d290af_zps7e25550c.jpg

Day 95:  Feeling great, better than ever actually!  I've never been more motivated about doing well in life than I am now.  Sure, maybe I'm not "traditional" in my ways of motivation,  but it all stems from Stacy, my support group, becoming and staying positive and quitting dip after 16 years.  I'm sure you or someone you know have found other ways to become motivated.  Here is what I know.  I am motivated, happy, and ready to take on life and all of it's challenges because of the people in my life and because nicotine is no longer part of my life.  Therefore, who gives a sh!t what it is that motivates you or me, right?

I wanted to give a sincere thank you to one of the "things" that has helped me SO MUCH during my journey thus far.  That "thing" is a LIFE SAVING website called www.killthecan.org.  All the info, activities, merchandise, and most of all the PEOPLE on that site are as genuine and real as you can get.  They are there every single second for help and support.  They WANT to help, they WANT to be helped and they are VERY serious about helping and being helped.  They aren't there because they have to be, they WANT to be.

I have made friends for LIFE because of this site.  When I first started my quitting journey, I wasn't expecting or even looking to make more friends.  I was looking to start a mission and continue on it for the rest of my life.  I came to find out that not only did I make friends, I couldn't have quit chewing FOR REAL without these friends! These guys don't take short cuts and they don't allow me to.  They don't sugar coat things and they don't want me sugar coating things for them.  They tell the truth and want me telling them the truth.  If One of us slips up, you man up, admit it, and start over.  You don't run away!  Along with Stacy, they taught me that. 

I've put everyone I love through the ringer during this journey and they have stuck by me.  I have learned SO MUCH through out this and I have been humbled to a point I never thought possible.  I'll always be grateful for that! The guys at www.killthecan.org, Stacy and the rest of my support group....THANK YOU!

One of the things I am VERY excited to earn, yes EARN is the Hall Of Fame Gold Coin that represents 100 days of no dip.  I remember seeing the coin many, many, many days ago and telling Stacy how far away that day was.  Well guess what?  A few days ago Stacy ordered that coin for me and I am truly feeling happy, happy like a young kid on Christmas Eve.  I don't care if you make fun of me.  If you're making fun of me right now, it means you have NEVER accomplished anything in your life that is as difficult as quitting nicotine or you don't know anyone who has.  I never realized how TOUGH it was to quit until I did it.  And let me tell you something, I openly admit I could NEVER have made it this far without my family and the guys at www.killthecan.org.
 photo KTCcoin_zps35980634.jpg

Also, every single day I go on to the website and I "check in" or I do "roll call."  Roll call is when you go onto the message boards and actually "sign" your name, which means you promise to NOT participate in taking nicotine in any form for one day.  Every day it is your responsibility to check in.  If you don't check in, guys WILL message you to see if you have caved or if you simply forgot.  It's a GREAT motivator and it's one of the many tools on that website that I love.  If you or anyone you know chews tobacco,  ask them respectfully to check out www.killthecan.org.  If they still don't want to quit after they check it out, it simply means they aren't ready to quit.  It's their choice and no one is going to make them quit.  That's all for now, good night folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment