Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Day 49: Happy Birthday Beautiful!

 photo 39dffbe3-fff6-4c3c-b7ee-c00f31c3d590_zpsc9496b8d.jpg
Day 49:  Wow!  It’s day 49, one day to closer to 50, almost half way there!  We’ll save that for tomorrow, today is my best gals birthday!  She’s been my rock and has put up with allllll my mood swings since I started this journey so today is ALLLLLL about her! Happy Birthday Beautiful! It sure feels good spending your birthday with you knowing I don’t need a dip, don’t need to leave to go buy dip and don’t have to worry about when and where my next dip is coming from.  I can ACTUALLY say this day is all about YOU, just like it should be! 

I made a cake for her today.  Sure, no big deal right?  Wrong!  First of all, I’m a guy.  Second of all, for the one or two of you who don’t know, she is a professional baker! People PAY Stacy good money to make a cake for them!  That’s all I could think about while I was making this cake.  I made one for her last year, but that was before I fully understood how talented she was when it came to baking.  Me baking in front of her was like a 4th grader playing in the NFL.  It just doesn’t/wouldn’t work!  The 4th grader would get smeared, just like I felt like I was going to in the kitchen!  All jokes a side, Stacy was wonderful and she didn’t care how it came out, she was genuinely thankful to have someone bake for her! 

I will say this.  Although the cake wasn’t pretty, Stacy and both kids love the taste of it!  All three of them have already eaten a piece and the kids already asked to have it for breakfast tomorrow.  Auden also asked if she could take some in to school for lunch as well.  I know it’s hard to find a cake that little kids don’t like, however, I’m telling you to shut up and let me have my baking glory!  The cake was a chocolate chip cookie cake with butter cream icing, Stacy’s request! 

 photo 1ddcfdcb-2d00-4c8d-a14c-6dbf8a00e44d_zpsd2cab956.jpg

Back to Stacy, the birthday girl!  No, I’m not telling you how old she is.  Ask her yourself at your own risk! Lol.  Plus, if you don’t know her age, I guarantee you that you wouldn't believe her anyway!  She looks wayyyyyyy younger than she is.  EVERYONE I know thinks I look older than her, and they are right.
Happy Birthday to the most beautiful woman I have ever met.  I really, truly, honestly don’t know where I’d be without you right now. I do know I’d still be a slave to nicotine and all the crap that comes with it!  Thank you for making me laugh every single day, thank you for loving me the way you do, thank you for just being you.  You are PERFECT and I’m sincerely thankful to have you.  I love you! 

My mom also made her a cake that looked much better than mine!  I think it’s fair to say that both my mom and I truly understand now (if we didn't  already) how talented Stacy is.  We made VERY basic cakes and had issues.  Stacy makes VERY complex cakes and rarely has issues.  Plus, the issues she does have, she can always figure out!  If any of you ever decide to pay someone to make you a cake, PLEASE remember there is a reason you aren't baking that cake yourself.  IT’S HARD!


 photo 707d4b9b-3f27-49da-90fb-19fb0e7f09d7_zps749f35bc.jpg

Oh, and it’s OPENING DAY!  Let’s go Orioles!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment