Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Day 61: THE TRUTH: Current Smokers/Dippers Read/View With Caution!

 photo 13d6e148-e989-4fe1-af29-ee31d4de02a0_zpsf901c58d.jpg

Day 61: I'm not sure if you remember me saying this before, but I have mentioned on several occasions that often times, people who quit smoking and or chewing have dreams about it.  Yes, actual dreams that revolve around nicotine.  Well, last night was one of those nights. It's sad that nicotine is so strong, it actually causes people to dream about it!  Nothing really bad happened in my dream or anything, to be honest, it did the opposite:  It motivated me even more!  I never thought being motivated even more was possible after failing twice, but for some reason that "dip dream" really did motivate me. It got me thinking to, AGAIN...

Every time I start to believe I realize how strong nicotine is, something else makes me think even deeper about nicotine.  Nicotine caused me to have a damn dream 60 days AFTER I stopped using it!  I've heard of people having nicotine dreams years after they quit!  That's called POWER!  So, below I am posting a few facts and some photo's (gross but important) for everyone to read and see. The facts are all random and I'm sure you could post 20 nicotine facts for every 20 that I post.  My challenge to YOU is to actually read these, but more importantly, take a minute to comprehend each one.  Some facts are solely about chewing tobacco, some are solely about smoking, some are shared by both.

Facts:

1) Nicotine is ONLY one of 4,000+ poisonous chemicals in tobacco.
2) ONE dip or ONE cigarette is enough to cause someone to become addicted.
3) Dip (my ol' buddy) has 28 cancer causing agents.
4) One can of chew gives you as much nicotine as 60 cigarettes.
5) Chewing tobacco is harder to quit than cigarettes. (see #4)
6) 75% of the cancers in the mouth, tongue, lips, nose and larynx are caused by tobacco.
7) Adolescents who smoke, are more likely to become dip users.
9) Nicotine is as addictive as heroin and cocaine.
10) 3,000 kids START smoking daily.  About half of them turn to dip "because it's safer."

If those facts aren't enough for you, take a look at the photos below.  The first photo is cancer caused from dipping.  The second photo is cancer caused from smoking.  There are a TON of photos like these on the internet, in books, and other academic materials.  Why?  Because they are educational! 

 photo 727f3092-a4e7-4312-96a2-6dc7bbffc3a9_zpsda0c855b.jpg
 photo d56b6229-8ac2-48f0-b599-2b706350e4c3_zps15aaa5ce.jpg
Pretty gross/sad huh?  Don't worry though, I'm sure it can't happen to you, you, or you.....Right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment