Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 66: Baseball Dippers And A Weigh-In

 photo 65b8b266-41cd-47b7-8535-2046dcd9909a_zpsb123f390.jpg


Day 66: I'm 66 days into my journey and I'm still learning, being amazed, noticing things, and feeling grateful. A few weeks ago I was watching a Baltimore Orioles and Minnesota Twins game.  For one inning, I decided to look for as many guys as I could with dips in and keep track.  I found 12 (TWELVE!!) guys who had OBVIOUS dips in their just by watching one inning!  I guarantee you I missed some as well!  When I was chewing, I never noticed it.  Why?  Perhaps I was just blocking it out or perhaps I was in denial.  Maybe I just thought it was normal?  I spent my whole life around baseball so I justified my addiction.  What I'm saying is, I'm sure I used it as one of my many excuses as to why it was ok for me to chew.  Now that I look back on it, it was just as bad/dumb as all my other excuses. I've been keeping score to.  Bad excuses 107-Good excuses 0.

 photo e5a431d8-4dca-4e26-b745-9d62a69383ca_zpse2a4effa.jpg

Speaking of excuses, today was another weigh in for me.  My last weigh in was over a week ago and I weighed in at 186.2.  Today, I weighed in at 185.2.  From last week I have lost one pound and I have lost almost four pounds over all.  As always, what's my point?  The "I'll gain too much weight" excuse is a bunch of crap!  Find another bad excuse!

 
 photo 1b06378a-9195-4eb6-8bb2-e911ee8adcb9_zps692a4272.jpg


I did my second ever movie review on a friends website called www.scaretissue.com. I did the review on the movie "The Collection."  It was great!  If you dare, go check out the site and my review at www.scaretissue.com. It's a fun website run by true horror movie fans for horror movie fans!

Guess what I did for the first time this year today?  Mowed the grass!  It was GREAT!  it felt like spring and smelled like summer while mowing the grass.  You know what made it even better?  I mowed the grass without dipping!  Hell, I didn't even think about dipping while doing it, either!  I know You're probably getting sick of me "bragging," but damn it felt good!  It still does feel good and it'll always feel good when I'm not dipping!  If you were a smoker and or dipper and you have quit, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about!  Cheers to you all!

Sorry this one is so short folks.  I guess It's a good thing as long as my journey is still alive, right?  Good night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment