Pages

Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 65: One Sentence From A 5 Year Old That Changed My Life.

 photo ae998161-bfa6-4bc1-9331-44b6cfa5448e_zpsc81b82da.jpg

Day 64: Today is the second day in a row that I haven't had any cravings.  My head feels weird at times and thee are even times when I feel like I'm back at week one, but over all I'm feeling pretty good.  MOST of the time I'm feeling great. There are other times when I'm feeling "foggy" or like my head is very heavy.  With all of that being said, I am VERY thankful to be on day 64 and going strong. Stacy probably feels like it's day 8,791 lol.  On a serious note, thank you again Stacy.  I wouldn't be at day 64 without you.

Now on to something rather interesting, at least to me.  If you enjoy coffee you might find this interesting as well. We have a Keurig Machine here at the house.  Everyone knows what that is.  You put the "K-Cup" in the machine, and it brews one individual cup for you.  Well, Stacy and I tried something out.  We bought a bag of Dunkin Donuts coffee and one of those cups that you can put ground coffee into that is specifically made for the Keurig Machine (see photo below).  We wanted to see if it was worth the investment, or if it'd cost us more money in the end.  We found out that it was worth every penny of the investment.  Let me explain.  At our Walmart you can buy an average box (18 count) of "Donut Shop" K-Cups for $10.98.  When I bought the regular sized (12 ounces) DD ground coffee, I found out I could get 26 cups of coffee out it OVER the 18 you get the K-Cups.  The DD ground coffee is less than $8.00, maybe even $7.00 at our Walmart.  On top of that, when you make a cup of ground coffee in the Keurig, it calls for two spoon fulls of coffee.  To make my coffee stronger, I used at least three spoon fulls and STILL got 8 more cups of coffee out of the ground coffee than I did the actual cups. The cup we had to buy did cost $17.88 ( I think) but the investment will pay for itself over and over again if you continue to use the ground coffee.  Perhaps I'm biased but I really like the Dunkin Donuts ground coffee so it all works out for me. If you prefer the individual cups, maybe it's not a great investment for you. 

 photo 740165a9-ef1a-4529-b6df-120ed40e155d_zps00be65c9.jpg

Now to leave you on a serious, but important note.  I received some of the best advice ever today...from a 5 year old.  Beckett said to me "If you woulda kept doing "Grizzy" (my old chew was called "Grizzly") you would have been buried "  he said it and meant it so damn sincerely that Stacy and I almost cried.  Now that's motivation!

1 comment:

  1. Brian---you are an inspiration...keep going,
    you are getting great!

    ReplyDelete