Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 58: My Woman Is Talented!

 photo 5281c602-aa09-4129-88f4-748f13a989ff_zps0103053d.jpg


Day 58: Where to begin, where to begin.  I guess I could begin with some good news, huh?  I haven't had a craving in a few days!  Here is some more good news:  I am learning that no cravings for a few days means absolutely nothing!  I guess it does mean something, it means I've been lucky to have a few days "off" from cravings.  But I can assure you, it doesn't mean my cravings are gone.  When you "fail" twice, you learn some things lol. Well, you damn well better learn from failure, otherwise your failure is just that, a true failure and not a learning experience.  I am glad I can say I have truly learned, now I just need to remember that every day, not some days. 

Today was a day spent on making a cake for one of Stacy's clients.  I helped, but not really.  I did some very minor things and Stacy, as always made a master piece.  She was on her feet making this cake for 11 hours today, and six hours yesterday.  She was focused every minute of those 17 hours.  IF she isn't focused, part of the cake looks ugly.  In Stacy's world (Perfectionist), if part of the cake looks bad, the entire cake is ruined.  With all of that being said, her body and brain took a beating for 17 hours to make a cake!  Do some of you still think "it's just a cake?"  If so,  Go to hell you ignorant jerk offs!  On top of that, in order to keep the cake fresh, she would never make the cake ahead of time.  That means she's always working on a strict dead line, which adds more pressure.  She's always working under unreasonable expectations from people who don't have a clue.  Imagine telling a 5 year old that his Sponge Bob cake isn't done yet, or a little girl that her Dora cake isn't finished.  Exactly, they'd NEVER understand!  The real problem is, their parents often don't understand how challenging it is to make that cake in the first place. Yesterday, during her 11+ hours of work, she took about 10 minutes to eat, even after I asked her 50 times to stop and eat more.  She got into a zone and her whole body will hurt in the morning.  These are ALL things that people don't take into consideration and Stacy is too modest to make public.  I'll do it for her because I love her and I hate when people disrespect her and try to under cut her when they offer her absolutely HIDEOUS prices for beautiful cakes!  Ok, rant over....Unless I need to do it again lol.  I will personally invite you to come here and hang out with us during the process of making a specialty cake for someone.  You will be tired just from being here and the ONLY thing we will ask is that you stay awake the entire time. you don't have to help, you don't have to clean dishes, you don't have to mix anything, you don't have to shop for ingredients, you don't have to pay our electric bill...Oh, and you don't have to help us with our two children. Just be here and be awake.  Once you do that, you'll understand why a specialty cake costs more than a Walmart cake. See below, and that is only an average size cake!  Add another tier or more color (yes, some cakes have more color lol) and you can add another 7-9 hours of work! Look at this cake!  It's BEAUTIFUL!  I'm so damn proud to be your man!  Owww!  Owww!  My lady is talented! With that being said, it's bed time and Miss Stacy deserves a back rub! Good night all...

 photo 049e622f-ca74-4828-bf45-b4c76946dc5a_zpsb909abda.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment