Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Days 53-54: Bad Service, Meat And A Weigh In!


 photo f005fe6e-1bd7-47ee-a565-38a99c419966_zpsacdd1119.jpg

Days 53-54:  Hello weekend!  Good bye weekend!  Where the hell did you go?  I guess it always ends up that way.  The week takes forever only to have the weekend fly by...It doesn't matter what you do, the weekend ALWAYS seems to go too fast. 

It was a birthday filled weekend that will continue into tomorrow for Auden. Stacy and I went out to dinner (on an actual date!) at the Mexican restaurant in our area called "Don Patron."  I love the name...And uhhh that's pretty much where the compliments end.  We're sad to because we were hoping to get a restaurant in this area that served something besides pizza! Because the place is rather new, it was quite busy when we walked in so we were happy right off the bat.  About five minutes into our "visit" we noticed there were only TWO waiters!  No bus boys, no host, just TWO waiters doing absolutely everything!  I'd say there were at least 25 tables of people- most of the tables had four or more people at them and the crowd stayed consistent for the two hours we were there.  Who in their right mind only has two people on the schedule during a Friday night at a restaurant?   Especially at the ONLY one of it's kind in the entire area!? Anyway,  it took a good 45 minutes to get our food and once we did, the food was cold.  The chicken was vastly over cooked and the rice side dish was vastly under cooked.  The funny part about it was the waiter wore an oven-mit to "show us" how steaming hot our food was...HA!  Once we got our food, they paid absolutely no attention to our table until about an hour later, after we tried for 35 minutes (or more) to get our bill.  Once we did get our bill, the waiter was rude to us and just threw our bill on the table and said NOTHING to us! We were feeling terrible for the two guys working up until that point. We were extremely disappointed because we were hoping to find a new place to get some good Mexican food.  FAIL!  Another reason to move out of this area...Sorry about your birthday dinner Stacy.  We'll find a better place next year lol.

Yesterday morning we finally decided to try a local meat market that so many people around here have raved about.  They were CORRECT! It's called Irish Isle Provision Company. Not only do they have great meat at great prices, they are huge Notre Dame fans!  They have Notre Dame gear and memorabilia all over the place! Ok fine, that's just a bonus.  The great part is this:  We got a pound of fresh cut bacon, fresh cased sausage links, two pounds of 80/20 ground beef, two lbs of chicken thighs (great for bourbon chicken) and a half pound of hot dogs for ONLY $20.00!!  Today we had the bacon and sausage and it's the best we've ever had!  They also have all sorts cheeses, spices, chips, frozen foods etc. 
 
 photo 8648f2c9-0eb2-4bf0-a329-a71f6320d210_zps194157a7.jpg


And, of course, as soon as we finished eating I decided to do my weigh in because I have been slacking.   Well folks, I'm gaining weight!  Kinda....sorta...I weighed in at 186.2.  I started out this journey at 189.2 and I have been as low as 182 or something close to that.  Overall I have lost 3 lbs so far!  My point?  As usual, you DO NOT have to gain a ton of weight if you quit nicotine!  it's just another excuse that we have all used!  Find a new excuse!  I know that I have eaten A LOT of bad foods since my last weigh in and I'm still doing fine weight wise.

 photo 8d07a8ef-c4cd-4929-b184-1e86b81041ff_zpsc6927b59.jpg

As for my weekend cravings?  I had a few, but I've been strong thanks to my support system.  Another weekend has come and gone without nicotine!  Every week that goes by I think I feel the best I could possibly feel, yet I feel better than I have the week before every single week!  Did that make sense? lol.  I meant that I continue to feel better and better every day I go without chewing!

alright people, It's bed time.  Ready to tackle another week without nicotine!  Good night all..

No comments:

Post a Comment