Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Day 17: Pizza Sliders and A Weigh In!

 photo 866cd808-b9df-431e-816d-a2a4c4a6a4dd_zps11b83f9a.jpg

Day 17: For any of you that follow along, you know what today is!  Today isn’t a normal day in the journey.  Today is the day when I failed before.  Today is day 17.  Ironically, I’m excited today came!  I realized that mentally, today is just like day 16 and 15. Like I said before, ever since I failed last time, I felt as though day 17 was holding me in a psychological prison.  This morning when I woke up, I realized that wasn’t true!  Today is a good day folks!  I’m still kind of sick but mentally I feel strong. Yes, feel free to enter jokes here.  I know Stacy will!
 
Today is also a weigh in day.  I think I’m a little behind actually.  Either way, I’m doing weigh-ins to prove a point.  Well two points.  Point one:  You don’t HAVE to gain weight if you quit nicotine.  Two: Even if you do, I can assure you, it’s worth it! Your spouse and or loved one will LOVE you much more if you weigh a few more pounds than they would if you had no face, lungs, or even heart beat!   I’m very lucky to have a great woman who supports me no matter what I do, and I know she would much rather me weigh a few extra pounds than not be around at all! I also know two small children who’d prefer that as well.
 
I started this journey at 189.2 lbs. Then I went to 190, 186.6, 182.4, and last week was 184.2.  Basically, through four weeks, I have lost about five pounds over all.  I’m not trying to lose weight and I’m not trying to gain weight.  I’m focusing 100% of this journey on quitting nicotine. Believe me, the challenge of quitting nicotine is more than enough for me, let alone trying to focus on other things.  Today, my weigh in was…
 
 photo 9af0aa2d-165b-49ef-aa74-add2a851836b_zpsb6ed8ef8.jpg
 
181.2 lbs.  I’m still losing weight.  However, this “lower” weigh in can be contributed to the fact that I was puking my guts out and hardly eating.  That’s what happens when you have the stomach flu so bad the ONLY time you feel better is when you throw up.  Anyway, Stacy made what I thought was a pretty good point.  She thinks my average weight is about 184 that gives or takes a few pounds depending on the week. I think 184 lbs. sounds about right as well.
 
Tonight we ordered Pizza Hut Sliders.  We loved them!  They are the little circular pizzas.  You get nine and the cost is $10.00.  I thought it was a good deal.  Yes, there’s lots of crust but if you order a couple sides of the bread stick sauce, they taste even better! I’d say the size of each slider is about the size of saucer you’d put a cup of tea on.  I would order them again, UNLIKE that the big box pizza deal.  I think the pizza in the big box deal thing is terrible, so does Stacy.  We all enjoyed the sliders though.
 
Well folks, it’s time to settle down and get ready for bed on another wild and crazy Friday night.  Oh, by the way, another night with NO fip!  We’ll see how I do when I feel 100% better though.  Good night all…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment