Pages

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 34/35: Lessons Learned And A Weigh In!

 photo f40a709b-7f94-4933-b1b7-49037a050309_zpsba6dd273.jpg
 photo 09e0979d-9540-4db6-9094-b3717b33dbba_zps0e58d1a1.jpg

Day 34: One week from today and I’ll officially surpass the longest dip quit “streak” I have ever been on. Many months ago I “quit,” or should I say stopped chewing for 40 days and then failed.  As you all know I failed again when my “streak” reached 17 days not too long ago.  Since then I've had an attitude adjustment (thank you Stacy and www.killthecan.org) and no longer see this as a streak.  It’s a life style change in every possible way; mentally, physically and psychologically. Streaks end, this cannot and will not.  Not again, not ever, because my support group and I will NOT let it happen. 

I have learned to never take a day off from quitting.  I have learned the nicotine monster is ALWAYS right around the corner.  I have learned that letting my guard down and becoming over confident is a recipe for pure disaster.  I have learned that listening to nobody except myself has failure written all over it.  I have learned that making it a week or two weeks without nicotine means almost nothing in the long run.  Yes, it does mean you are two weeks further than the person who has made excuses not to quit and that DOES count for something.  I have learned that nicotine is BRUTAL and it’s not complicated as to why the tobacco industry is a billion dollar industry.  I have learned that a ton of people chew tobacco and even more people smoke.  MOST of them will give you an excuse as to why they can’t or won’t quit.  How do I know that?  Because I have done it!  I've made the excuses and I justified it to myself.  Some of you reading this blog are smokers/chewers and while I’m not going to call you out, I think you should look in the mirror and ask yourself what good your addiction is doing you and your family.  We all know the answer but we hide from it…I certainly did.

Speaking of excuses, it’s time for another weigh in!  I think I’m a little bit late this time around but it doesn't really matter, I can still make my point.  My point is, the biggest excuse out there is what? Yup, the “I’ll gain too much weight” excuse!  I started this journey at 189.2 lbs.  I have been all the way down to around 182 lbs and recently I have been right around 184-185 lbs.  Today, I officially weigh 185.2 lbs!  My point?  My point is, I've been doing this almost two months and not only have I managed to keep my weight under control, I have lost almost five lbs!  Your weight gain excuse is just that, an EXCUSE! 

 photo a2a3b0ee-2e9e-4452-9dc7-774c1bfdc54b_zps6504c41f.jpg


Now that I’m done “lecturing” you, although I don’t regret it because it’s something I wish I had in front of me a long time ago, I can now tell you about the early dismissal the kids had today.  I’d say we got between 3-4 inches of snow, which is a pretty typical day in PA during the winter.  It doesn't make it any less annoying though.  Hey  Phil, you’re a damn liar! Go back in your hole!

Tonight for dinner we ended up making a great pizza out of a loaf of garlic bread we didn't want to waste!  Stacy threw pizza seasoning and garlic powder on hers and that sounded good to me so I did the same, along with pepperoni.  Besides pepperoni and bacon, my favorite kind of pizza is any pizza with meat on it!  Anyway, they came out great, we had a full belly and we didn't waste anything! 

Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment