Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Day 28: Cravings, BLT's and Haircuts!

 photo a03e5e6c-0b2d-440e-bb53-8ec10a0ed160_zpsa859f2fd.jpg
 
 
Day 28:  For the first time in about two weeks, I had several cravings.  By several, I’d say eight or nine cravings.  Although you’d have to ask Stacy to know for sure, I’m 99.9% sure I handled them well!  Most importantly, however, I did NOT chew.  Come to think of it, although I had cravings, chewing actual dip never really even popped into my head.  Eating, exercising, staying busy and talking all did though.  I did pretty much all of them and they worked.  Hell, just sitting down and talking with Stacy helped me!  Where as in the past, I probably would have gotten grumpy towards myself or Stacy, wined, moaned, or just flat out would have given in….Like I did two times before!  Not this time!  Woohoo!
 
Today was also hair cut day for the kids.  They did well!  Today was the first time I have ever seen Beckett behave perfectly while getting his hair cut from anyone other than Uncle Dan.  As a matter of fact, he was so well behaved, he actually surprised me!  He went from flipping out and crying to being PERFECT all in the span of two trips!  To reward him, I took him over to Turkey Hill (our little convenience store) and got him his favorite- a giant hot dog and a bag of chips.  It’s hilarious watching him eat one of those hot dogs.  The hot dog is as big as his arm.  He hammered the entire thing to.  I guess sitting in a chair while someone cuts your hair is hard work and it makes you hungry lol.
 
For dinner we made BLT’s, one of America’s most underappreciated sandwiches, at least in my worthless opinion! And, of course what’s the secret to a GREAT BLT?  Extra B!  It’s that simple; add a little more bacon and BAM!  Perfection! On a serious note, they really did hit the spot tonight.  I’m not sure why and I really don’t care about the reasoning behind it, they just did.  Great choice Stacy!  Then again, usually anything with bacon would hit the spot for me.  Tomorrow night is Sushi night for us!  We’ll be making our version of home made Sushi!  When I say “we” will be making it, I mean Stacy will be making it and I’ll stay the hell out of her way.  We (she) made it before and loved it! We’ll (she’ll) find out if we (she) can duplicate it.
 
 photo a1006a84-48c3-4e53-964e-d4349dabb827_zps354e5b80.jpg
 
Have you followed us on twitter yet?  How about Instagram? If not, what are you waiting for!? Get to it!  Starting on Monday, March 18th we’ll be very active on Instagram, Twitter, www.facebook.com/lifegonelive and www.lifegonelive.blogspot.com and www.playwithsugar.blogspot.com
 
Twitter: @lifegonelive
Instagram: lifegonelive
 
Alright folks, we’re inching towards day 30 of no chew and I’m feeling good!  Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment