Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Days 37-42: Sick, Hoops And Movies!

 photo db72409f-54b9-4a5c-8286-bbcdb952828b_zpsf7ea5080.jpg

Days 37-42: Where have I been!? Often times I’d try to keep you in suspense, you know, so you keep reading. However, I want to let everyone know I have not dipped! I didn’t stop posting because I failed again, thank God lol. I wasn’t posting because the kiddos were sick, very sick. They both missed several days of school, they could barely sleep most nights, one night poor Becks woke up at 1am and couldn’t fall back a sleep for the rest of the night. We found out once we got to the doctor why he was complaining about an ear ache. The doctor told us it was so bad that he had a blister on his ear drum. He’s been having throat issues and he continues to clear his throat many times each day. Auden had upper respiratory issues and her poor little body is so tiny, it just kicks her butt. Needless to say though, they are little kids so they are taking full advantage of being better now! 
I guess I should have a ton to write about but I really don’t. We’ve been taking care of the kids and trying to get them better and for everyone out there with kids, you know how much time that takes. Oh here’s one for you! We went to the grocery store, yes all four of us, which makes it tough on its own, but what happened made it even worse! We had a cart full of groceries and two kids with us. That means we were at the grocery store for WAY too long. So then we scan ALLLLLLL the damn groceries and the girl says “Our credit card machine is down.” What!?!? She then told us it would be down all day. It would have been ok if the card machine took a dump right when we tried, but why couldn’t she warn us!? Dude, it’s 2013, MOST people use their card when they buy almost $200.00 worth of groceries! 
 As we left the grocery store I did see something that I now look at differently. I saw a giant pile of dried up dip and spit lying in the parking lot. Oh, don’t worry, I’ll be posting a photo below lol. I saw it differently because I obviously don’t chew anymore. When I chewed, I would have avoided the pile and hoped and prayed the kids didn’t see it. When I was chewing, if the kids saw it, they would have said how gross it was, blamed it on me and then ask me why I do such a gross habit. I know this because they have done it before, many times! It was just another “thing” in a long line of “things” that control your life when you are addicted to nicotine. Yes, even when you are walking in a parking lot you can be consumed by nicotine! These are all little things that I never realized in the 16 years I was addicted to chewing. Well, maybe I did realize it. Perhaps I just blocked it out. Either way, nicotine won for the last 16 years and it will not win any longer.


 photo f9e9cf6f-18cd-461e-a645-4b2a9303ae43_zpse0cd4ee0.jpg
 Yesterday was a weird day. We got a TON of snow, or so it felt that way. It snowed at a consistent pace all day and into the night and the roads, sidewalks, etc. were perfectly fine. I didn’t even have to shovel or put out salt. I guess it just wasn’t cold enough to stick or freeze. This morning when we looked at outside, it looked like it didn’t even snow at all! No snow in the grass, no snow anywhere! Weird, just weird. 
 We also had Stacy’s spaghetti and homemade sauce! It’s SOOOOOOOO good! She puts several things in it. Not too many, nothing incredibly challenging, right? WRONG! It’s challenging and probably impossible to duplicate. Not because of the ingredients, because of the amount of the ingredients! She does it perfectly, hence the reason it’s HER sauce. Damn, I love her spaghetti sauce! No, you can’t have it lol. I’m going to have as many left over plates of that spaghetti and sauce as I can. I’ll fight you, you and you to the death for it too!
 I watched a movie called Cherry Tree Lane a few days ago, and boy was I disappointed! Almost NOTHING happens until the last 7-8 minutes of the film. The very few things that do “happen” aren’t seen, just assumed and the ending was horrible! In my opinion, it was one of the movies where the people behind it (writer, director, producers) thought the ending was brilliant. They probably thought the viewers would turn this into the next great horror movie cult classic. Sorry guys, it won’t happen, at least I don’t believe so. 
 Oh and by the way, how are your NCAA Brackets going? If they are still looking good, you’re a liar! Lol One of my final four teams, New Mexico lost right off the bat so I haven’t looked at my bracket since lol. Now I’m just watching for fun, which is what I should be doing every year!
 
 photo 3ca7c75d-601a-4c05-9bb3-d8df5e639c46_zpsd7786011.jpg
Time for some sleep, much needed sleep. Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment