Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 18: A Stacy Cake And Small Victory!

 photo 2fba7882-cffa-4534-ad0f-2c2bca3ac5f7_zpsfc1b473c.jpg
 
Day 18:  I made it!  I made it PAST the day I failed at last time!  F-U day 17!  Today is officially day 18 and I feel awesome!  I can NOT and will NOT allow myself to start over back at day 1!  Nicotine is NOT worth it!  For the 783rd time so far, THANK YOU STACY! I finally feel like this blog matters again, like it was supposed to feel when I started it.  I truly believed by writing this blog every day there was no way I could fail.  I thought this blog was fail proof.  Now you know and I know how much crap that was!  You also know I’m honest, and I hope you all felt my embarrassment, shame, and feeling of failure through my writing.  I also hope you saw/felt the confidence I have built up since then, thanks to Stacy and my family support group.  Also, all the guys at www.killthecan.org have been a huge help and I look forward to being part of that brotherhood for a LONG time to come!  The tough love you receive on that site is perfect!  And, of course, J. Wilt, she let me have it in the just the right aspect of “get your shit together, I’m rooting for you,” and I’m thankful for that to!
 
To celebrate, guess what we did? Nothing lol.  Stacy did tell me how proud of me she is, which is a VERY BIG DEAL TO ME.  But she also knows that was just one step in a long journey.  To be honest, it was a step I never should have needed to take.  I learned my lesson, that’s for sure!  Wait, I guess it’s “not for sure,” until I make it to and through day 100.  On second thought, when I make it to day 50 million, I learned my lesson!
 
Tomorrow we’re going down to my parents to celebrate my moms’ birthday.  All she ever wanted was a simple cake with roses on it.  So, Stacy being Stacy, she made my mom her cake.  It’s a beautiful cake and it’s going to TASTE AWESOME!  Hurry up tomorrow!  Yes, I know I’m biased, but Stacy is one of, if not the most talented baker I have EVER been around! She won’t admit this, but the cake below is a “simple” cake for her. It may even look easy to you, but I can assure you, you’d mess it up!  Also, she has her little secrets for some ingredients that she puts into the cake and it’s soooooooooooooooo moist!!!  I could eat the cake even without icing all day!  Speaking of icing, her icing is second to none!  Give me some!  Now!
 
 photo 8bd6c0e4-841c-4587-83d8-a71d7c5fe9a7_zpse8a47175.jpg
 
On top of Stacy making this cake, we had a nice family day out today and NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING feels better than spending a day with my family while being nicotine free.  I love knowing nicotine doesn’t control my life anymore.  Hell, what am I talking about; it controlled my life and Stacy’s life.  It controlled Stacy’s life because she always small accommodations so I could get my dips, spitters, etc.  Basically, chewing is not only bad for you, it’s kind of rude and it’s absolutely a “selfish” drug.
 
It’s getting later in the evening and my lady isn’t feeling great.  I feel pretty bad because I’m almost positive she got it from me.  On top of that, she has a phobia of barfing.  Yes, I know, no one likes to throw up, but she has a TRUE fear of barfing.  When she’s not sick, I think it’s funny and cute.  However, now that she’s sick, it’s not funny at all.  I feel terrible for her and I hope and pray she doesn’t barf tonight.  If she does, I might actually start to believe she’s human!
 
Alright dude buddies, it’s bed time, the kids kicked my a$$!  Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment