Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Day 29: St. Patty's Day and Sushi!

 photo a79cae37-d16e-41a0-9add-a457bb52225b_zps3e6d19f8.jpg
Day 29: The cravings subsided today, which is always a good thing.  Yesterday was just one of those days, I suppose.  I also suppose I should be prepared for many more of those days filled with random cravings.  The most important thing is that we handled the cravings well; No failure of any kind.  I truly believe it had a lot to do with Stacy and how she has taught me to be positive and remain positive.  For the 7,657th time, THANK YOU Stacy!
 
I know you can do math, but we’re one day from 30!  Day 30 isn’t really a big day for me, it just for some reason sounds like I’m starting to put a dent into this 100 day journey.  I’ll be 30% of the way done.  It sounds a lot better than 25% of the way done lol.  All I know is that I’ve gone almost 30 days with no nicotine and that’s the goal!  One day at a time, day by day. 
 
Today we went to Walmart so we could pick Auden and Beckett up a St. Patty’s Day shirt.  If they wear a green shirt to school, they get a “prize” during lunch.  Oh, and you have to purchase a school lunch as well.  Tomorrow is pizza day and every kid loves pizza, even school pizza!  Wait until you see the shirts we got the kids.  They’re great! At least I think so. We’ll be sure to take a photo of the kids wearing them. 
 
As promised, we made sushi tonight!  Well, like I said, Stacy made sushi, and she did GREAT! Yesterday, I was saying I was hoping she could duplicate how great she did last time.  She did MORE than that this time.  The sushi tonight tasted even better than last time!  If you actually do follow this blog, you would have seen that we got a “sushi set” at Ollies.  It came with a 64 page book, bamboo rice paddle (fancy name for rice scooper), bamboo rolling mat and a two pairs of chop sticks.  The reason I’m telling you about this again is because tonight was the first time we were able to use it.  It worked great!  Therefore, it turns out the deal was a GREAT one!
 
 photo 66f06aa2-8ab4-4e5c-ab70-c4e2c716a009_zps71b7ab85.jpg
 photo a943aa27-7e4d-495a-9e59-7f587d625d3c_zps0a041d25.jpg
 
Alrighty folks, time to watch Notre Dame and Rutgers in the Big East basketball tourney. Good night all…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment