Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Day 31: Pure Motivation and Dominos Pizza!

 photo 25527221-a436-4d53-a34c-c6e73e0eb87a_zps51b5f8b0.jpg
Day 31: Happy St. Patty’s Day!  Sort of.  The kids are “celebrating” it at school today and alcoholics are celebrating it tonight and tomorrow night.  The kids celebrated it by wearing green shirt to school and the school rewarded them with a “prize” for wearing that green shirt.  What was the prize you ask?  Green ice cream!  I actually think that’s a pretty cool prize for small kids.  However, the catch was, you had to purchase a school lunch, but like I mentioned yesterday, its pizza day so I’m assuming a lot of the kids purchased a school lunch. 
I always talk about motivation; who and what motivates me to not only stop chewing tobacco, but to go day in and day out without dipping.  I’m motivated by many things: Myself, my soon to be wife, Stacy’s mom, my mom, and to be honest, the people who don’t believe in me motivate me as well, A LOT.  With all of that being said, what might motivate me as much as anything else in the world is Auden and Beckett. As you know, Beckett is five and Auden is seven.  They BOTH know that chewing tobacco is bad for you, just like they know smoking is to.  They even said to me, “Please stopping doing “Grizzy” (their name for “Grizzly,” my OLD brand of chew) we don’t want you to die.”  Imagine if a five and seven and year old said that you.  It was very tough hearing that from them.  It also goes to show you how tough nicotine is on your mental and physical well being.  The kids said that directly to my face, yet I have failed two times.  IT’S THAT TOUGH.  Look below at the photo from today in their kick ass St. Patty’s Day shirts.  Meet the mini princess and the mini stud!
 
 photo c8696a94-75bf-4101-80ec-8505afe25057_zps4063a9a3.jpg
 
 
Tonight we ordered Domino’s.  We did the two medium, two topping pizza special for $5.99 each.  The kids got extra cheese and Stacy and I made our own combination.  Instead of tomato sauce, we got BBQ sauce and our two toppings were onions and chicken.  It was our own version of BBQ chicken pizza!  We absolutely love it! Nom nom nom…
 photo e9a9e5fa-c587-4528-850b-c3b0d9e07700_zps0e6d350d.jpg
 
It hasn’t been a great night for my sports teams that played tonight.  Notre Dame lost to Louisville in the semis of the Big East Tourney, and Team USA lost to Puerto Rico in the World baseball Classic (WBC).  Team USA has been eliminated and finished in a disappointing fashion in yet another WBC.  As for Notre Dame, I wouldn’t say losing in the semis was disappointing; Notre Dame is a football school with a decent basketball team.  ND will do what they normally do, win their first round game and then lose by 10-15 in the second round of the NCAA Tourney.
Alright folks, it’s that time.  Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment