Pages

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 24: KFC and Sweet Heat!

 photo ef52ab36-59e0-44da-8d12-d9c1812c6c34_zpscc5fbfeb.jpg
 
Day 24:  Almost 25% of the way through my journey!  Damn, it feels like I have a LONG WAY to go!  But, it also feels like things are going smooth and at a nice pace. I really don’t care how long it takes; I’ll take the feeling of a nice pace and smooth ride any time.  I also know someone else who would.  Her name starts with an S and ends with T-A-C-Y.  I know it just can’t be this easy but….Is this time going smoother because Stacy has helped with my confidence?  It just can’t be! Right…..?  Again, I don’t know and I don’t care, I truly love the way it has been going and so does Stacy. 
 
We went out and about today making stops at Target, Sally’s, Michaels, and Pet Smart.  We didn’t get much, but it nice to get out.  It’s always nice to get out.  We, did however, stop somewhere that neither one of has stopped at in a looooong time.  Kentucky Fried Chicken!  The home of the one and only J. Wilt!  Thanks for the hospitality J. Wilt!  The chicken was AWESOME and we’ll be having leftovers tomorrow!  Wait, I might be having leftovers within the next hour lol.
 
One thing we got a few days ago is something simple, yet oh so good and I forgot to post about it.  As you’ll be able to tell after this paragraph, I’m a VERY simple and easy guy to please!  That’s assuming you don’t already know this.  Anyway, we bought a bag of chips on special, made by UTZ called Southern Sweet Heat BBQ.  They are absolutely fantastic and unlike most chips, they taste EXACTLY like they say.  They are sweet with a little bit of heat!  Well done UTZ!  The only thing I ask is that you put them in stores other than Weis so they affordable once the special ends.  The current special was/is buy one, get one free.  But, once Sunday rolls around, that special will be over.  C’mon UTZ, don’t let me down!
 
 photo c90da47e-054b-409f-80e1-ba7acc943738_zps341206ee.jpg
 
We also stopped in at my parent’s house to get Andy, he’s been hanging out with Grammy Carol while we were taking care of some things.  Andy loves it there because he gets to eat plenty of treats and unlimited cuddle time!  And by treats I mean five star meals.  That sounds like a dogs dream come true to me.  We had a nice visit and talked about a lot of things and then Stacy and I were ready to be home and in our jammies.  Yup, we’re old lol. However, I can say I’m VERY happy to be old and to be out of the “party every weekend” life.  I love quiet nights at home with my lady and kids.  I truly do…I also love knowing I have gone 24 days without chew.  I can not and will not fail again!
 
Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment