Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 43: Reached A Milestone!

 photo c4326fda-8d89-4441-8947-5481133feac1_zpse5417d83.jpg

Day 43: I forgot to mention something yesterday.  Remember how I failed two times before?  Once was on day 42, the other was on day 17.  Well, if today is day 43, what do you think I’m going to tell you?  That’s right; I have officially made it further than I have ever made it before!  Woohoo!  Failure is now without a doubt in my rear view mirror!  However, I also know that failure, aka nicotine is always lurking!  I have learned that nicotine cravings never fully go away, especially after only 42 days that’s for sure!  I have talked with people who still get cravings after several years of no nicotine.  They still randomly think about cigarettes or dip and you just never know what will trigger one of those cravings.  I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, having a sincere support system (our family) is absolutely the greatest thing that has ever happened to me with this chew stuff.  They don’t judge me, they don’t yell, they don’t tell me I can’t do it.  They just continue to believe and offer any help at any time that I may need.  They are truly life savers.  Mrs. Roush, my mom, my brother Dan and Stacy have done NOTHING except bring me encouragement.  I know it sounds silly, but words of encouragement and proper support are the recipe for success when it comes to quitting nicotine, at least I believe so.

The kids are finally over their sickness….Just in time to give it to me!  Yes, that’s right, I’m sick.  I rarely get sick and I have now been very sick two times in the last three weeks!  Stacy had her flu shot and I refused to get one, so you can imagine the ribbing that is going on.  Ah hell, I deserve it though.  All I had to do was get a flu shot and maybe I wouldn’t feel this way. Damn it!

We made quesadillas for dinner tonight.  Stacy and Auden had their cheese quesadilla’s and I had a ham and swiss cheese quesadilla. It tasted GREAT!  Well, except for the fact I couldn’t taste it because of my damn head cold! We really like our quesadilla maker, with one exception.  You can only fit a minimum amount of ingredients inside of it.  If you want to add anything extra, it’s a huge pain the butt to get it and keep it closed.  Just close you bastard!

And for the bed time movie, I….Wait, WE watched “The Collection. “  Stacy loved it!  Yes, my girlie girl Stacy, she loved it! First of all, in order to completely enjoy what this movie has to offer, you had to have seen The Collector, which is “part 1” of the series.  Without seeing part 1, you can still enjoy the movie, but you won’t fully know the characters the way I think you need to.  I truly felt The Collection was the best horror movies I have seen in a long time!  He (the “bad guy”) is by far my favorite serial killer since Michael Myers.  His mask is awesome, so is his demeanor and his “style” is 100% original and bad ass.  If you like horror movies, this is a MUST SEE!

 photo b74089e2-0bec-46ac-aa18-bda3a9b2cb07_zps86821780.jpg

Time for bed…Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment