Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Day 36: PA Turnpike And Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza!

 photo 6c92adcd-8d45-464b-bbc8-e579ce42c0e0_zps760881bd.jpg
Day 36:  Today was a day of travel as we headed to Philadelphia for a round of doctors appointments for Stacy.  It takes about three hours each way and we always try to make the best of it, by that, I mean we have a good time.  Plus, it gives us an opportunity to stop at Sheetz and that’s one of our favorite places to grab some grub! Anyway, more about the trip in a little bit…

Usually when we would drive for an extended period of time I would chew, chew, and chew some more.  I would be willing to be you smokers know what I’m talking about too!  I’d also be willing to bet that ZERO smokers would drive for three hours without smoking. Anyway, I’d have a spitter that is ¾ full by the end of the trip and that is DISGUSTING, not only for me, but for anyone who is in the car with me.  That person was almost always Stacy.  Stacy, I’m sorry. Imagine a 20oz soda bottle ¾ (or more) full of chew and chew spit.  There is no justifying how gross that is.  Don’t forget the part where my finger nails have chew in them (looks like dirt) and how my fingers tips would be stained at the end of each day. And none of that is including the health factor!  I could go on allllll day about that part.  Once again, it just goes to show you powerful nicotine is!

Now back to our road trip.  Guess who drove in the wrong lane on the way home and made us miss our toll ticket?  I’ll give you a hint…The name is NOT Stacy and it starts with a B.  Yup, it was me!  If I would have gotten our toll ticket, it would have cost us $4.80 when we got off the turn pike. Instead, the law is, you must pay the highest current toll if you show up to the booth with no ticket.  Instead of paying $4.80 we had to pay $35.60!  Atta boy Brian!  YOU IDIOT! Thank god Stacy is so cool and understanding.  Instead of smacking me, she just made jokes and had some fun with it.  Hey, at least we had the $35.60 to pay for that instead of me spending it on chew, right?  Yup, that’s a good excuse.  Lol

We did make good time because all of our attention was focused on finding different ways off the turn pike without having to pay a toll.  As you now know, we did NOT find a way without paying lol.  We did make it fun and she let me live even after I made the bone headed mistake. We were expecting to get home around 8ish but we got home at 6:15 or so.  We’ll take it!  That allowed us to get the kids in bed without them being up too late. It’s always nice avoiding grumpy kid syndrome lol.

We tried a new kind of pizza made by Digiorno for dinner.  It’s called Stuffed Crust Bacon Cheese Burger.  Because of the toppings and crust, it was a shoe in that I’d love it.  The real test was to see if Stacy would like it.  Survey says……SHE DID!  According to her it was great!  That’s good for me because that means we can get it again and again!  Woohoo!  And yes, in case you haven’t noticed, pizza with bacon and any other meat on it ALWAYS makes me happy!

 photo 4e3f7b44-06cd-4132-9458-7964ee864412_zpsd43a02db.jpg

Alright folks, it’s time for bed.  I need my sleep so I can keep up with my NCAA March Madness brackets tomorrow.  Oh and don’t forget, “March Matness” is also starting, which is the NCAA Division I Wrestling National Championships.  Penn State will be going for their third consecutive team national title.  GO PSU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment