Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

Day 33: Grammy Carol's Hulk Hands and FOOD!

 photo e8154641-f9ad-4ab2-bf10-800d15c51566_zps8ee4cb5a.jpg

Day 33:  It's Sunday Funday and we're doing it family and food style!  My mom is coming to visit us today and we're making home made french onion soup and apple crisp.  It's another awesome feeling knowing I don't have to schedule when I eat around when I had my last dip, or when I'll need my next dip.  I can go out in the snow with the kids without worrying if I just spit in the snow in the same spot where the kids are playing, I don't have to worry about anyone in my family (especially the kids) running into, knocking over or just plain having to look at one of my spitters. I assume people who don't chew RARELY think about these things. However, I can assure you, that's pretty much all chewers think about. Hence the fact I have told you many times that chew ran my life. I meant it. It owned me, ran my life and controlled my way of thinking about almost everything I did through out my days...

We got up bright and early and started chopping the onions. We made a double batch so there would be enough for my mom to take home with her. The cutting and sauteing of the onions takes about an hour, depending on how many onions you use. We used a lot of onions so it took us awhile. Plus, you have to strip each layer of each onion off before you put them in the pan; another time consuming part. Then we cooked all of it together in the crock pot for four hours on high! Yes, overall, it takes awhile but it's sooooooooooooo worth it! Stacy will be blogging about the french onion soup IN DETAIL: photos, recipe, notes, etc. Below is a little tease photo...

 photo a6facd73-7912-488b-8ad3-b8609daa5cc2_zps71f01381.jpg

Next up was Stacy's famous home made apple crisp! It's goooooood! And guess what is ironic about this recipe? It's a Weight Watchers recipe! When you eat it, you would NEVER think so! It's fantastic! The tartness of the Granny Smith apples balance perfectly with the topping of the crisp. It's a VERY well made dish and it's even better because my girl makes it!


 photo cc8718be-ce18-4a64-9cf0-70024b8f701c_zps81c70a24.jpg

We had a lot of fun today, that's for sure. How could you not have fun when Grammy Carol gets photographed wearing (and loving them) hulk hands! No one believes me, but this is what Grammy Carol really did look like when I was younger and did something bad lol. Grammy Carol did NOT mess around! It's funny though, Auden, Beckett and Stacy can do no wrong in her eyes lol.


 photo 8a75bd01-ba62-42a2-9774-8e28f49bb113_zpsf7332eb7.jpg

Alright folks, I'm going to lay down and checkout a movie called Cherry Tree Lane. Perhaps that will be my next movie review on www.scaretissue.com. We'll see! Good night all...

No comments:

Post a Comment