Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Day 32: Sex Cake, Meat, and Horror Movies!

 photo 5e95f4a7-0302-4c8c-9215-c2a86d613495_zps4d70470b.jpg
 
Day 32:  Today has been a day of awesome food and family time!  It sure does feel good having good food and valuable family time knowing I didn’t need my spitter and can of dip every 45 minutes.  I just wish I could truly write on this blog in an accurate way how great it makes me feel.  I really, honestly, sincerely believe if I could make all of you smokers/dippers feel the way I feel right now, it just might be enough on its own to help motivate you to quit. It feels good every single day, hell, every single hour and minute that I go without a dip, but NOTHING and I mean NOTHING makes me feel better than knowing my family is proud of me and I’m proud of myself.  Call me arrogant, call me an idiot, call me whatever you want, it won’t change the wonderful feeling I have every time we do something as a family and I don’t have to worry about being a negative influence on the kids or taking a chance on my health.
Today, Stacy and I made Pulled Pork and Stacy made a cake called “Better Than Sex Cake.”  I’m lucky enough to say, with sincerity that the cake isn’t better than our sex, but it sure is better than a lot of the sex I’ve had in the past lol.  I’m kidding mom, I never had sex before!  Ever…
For the Pulled Pork, we just throw the slab of meat in the crock pot, mix up the McCormick Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Spice Rub, dump and spread it around on the meat and let it go!  Several hours later, you have meat so tender that it literally pulls a part with minimal effort, hence the name “pulled pork.”  We eat it in sandwiches, but you can eat them in pork tacos, just on a plate or anyway you want to really.  It’s common to add cole slaw to your pulled pork sandwich, which I do.  Stacy doesn’t.  She likes cole slaw on the side, but I love to throw it right on the sandwich.  Stacy enjoys putting cheese on hers.  To each his/her own!  Either way, if you cook the meat right, it’ll taste goooooooood! Don’t over cook it!  Over cooking it is pretty much the only way to screw up pulled pork.
 photo 2e335e79-00a2-4093-b77b-a31d146e624c_zps943e834e.jpg
 photo 44fd2557-57d6-41c3-97da-0a1c7960a93b_zps1bff4506.jpg
 
Then, Stacy made her “Better Than Sex Cake.” Holy sh!t this stuff is good!  It’s truly the best cake I have ever eaten….ever….in my life…since I was born…It’s not really even that hard to make either!  You just make chocolate cake, poke holes in it, and then add caramel, chocolate syrup, Heath bar bits (or whatever candy bar you prefer) and cool whip.  As you let it cool, the caramel seeps into the holes of the cake and it makes the cake even more moist!  I personally believe the longer you let it cool, the better it is.  Then again, there’s really NO possible way this cake could be bad.  NO. WAY. IN. HELL, especially if Stacy is making it.  I’m drooling just typing about it! Perhaps it’s just fat kid in me though.
 photo 74fa7fbc-20dc-4ebe-b07b-1f91c892384a_zpscc77cc2f.jpg
I also wanted to tell you all about a friend of mine who I met through the site www.killthecan.org. This website is to help people when they are serious about quitting chew and they support you every step of the way.  The same guy who runs this site, also runs a cool horror movie website called www.scaretissue.com. I was lucky enough to be invited by him to write a movie review about a movie (“The Woman, 2011) I have recently seen and publish it on his site.  It’s now officially up so go check out his site!  The site is growing and it’s all about people who truly enjoy horror movies.  Again, his website is www.scaretissue.com, and he has a page on Facebook as well.  Help him allow the page to grow and go support him!
 
Alrighty, it’s been a long, but VERY satisfying day in the kitchen and with family.  Good night all…Here’s to 32 days with no dip
 

No comments:

Post a Comment