Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 44: Pizza Fail And A Healthy Easter...

 photo 8cc4cb85-ae59-45ef-9997-9f2fc3b49722_zps3f8ef22e.jpg
Day 44:  And the days just keep on going!  For the first time in our journey, I feel like the paces of things are on my side.  Usually, it feels like each day is stuck in a giant bowl of molasses.  Days when I get a lot of cravings it feels like a giant bowl of molasses in December! But recently, when I get a craving I’ll have a snack, drink some Gatorade, drink some coke zero, talk with Stacy, etc. and the cravings go away.  I know I’ll continue to get cravings for a long time, but I also know that each day I go without caving, I will continue to get stronger and stronger. Like I said yesterday and many other times, having a strong and willing support system is HUGE!

Tonight we had a pizza fail.  It’s very rare that Stacy and I have a pizza fail in this house hold.  It’s even more rare that it comes from our favorite frozen pizza brand; DiGiorno.  Tonight we had the pizza from their “Italian Style Favorite” brand called “Chicken Parmesan.”  The toppings on this pizza are white meat chicken, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.  How could it be bad?  We thought the same thing!  It just wasn't good.  The crust wasn't good, the chicken wasn't good and it just didn't go well together.  However, in DiGiorno’s defense, that is the FIRST time I have ever had their pizza and disliked it.  We will continue to buy their products for sure! 

 photo b50292c2-a6cd-4a83-8890-e4a3223dbffd_zps0288d947.jpg

We also got the kids their Easter goodies for the class parties at school.  By the way, sending kids to school is EXPENSIVE!  I’m not just talking about the necessities like clothes, lunches, shoes, etc.  I mean all the extra stuff!  Fundraisers, snacks, parties, special days, field trips, pictures, and so on.  It seems like we’re sending in cash on a weekly basis for the kiddos.  What makes it worse is the fact they don’t know any better and they have done nothing not to deserve it so we just keep forking it over lol. Anyway, for Becket’s Easter party we got 2 dozen plastic eggs and enough candy to put some in each egg.  For Auden’s class, her teacher went with a healthier theme and asked the kids to bring in healthy snacks, which I think is a great idea.  We (also known as Stacy) chopped up two cantaloupes and added a big bag of pretzels for Auden’s class.  The funny and EXPECTED thing is Auden was a little bummed that her little brother got to take in eggs with candy in them and she had to take in fruit.  All I can say is this, I’m glad her teacher went with a healthy theme!  Hopefully we’ll only have ONE kid with a sugar today instead of two. Wait, who am I kidding, I’m sure Auden will find some sugar at school today!

Alright folks, it’s time to go, my fantasy baseball roster is a mess and I NEED to get it straightened out before the starts!  Good night all…As Stacy says, “you need win your fantasy leagues, momma needs new shoes!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment