Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Days 19, 20, 21: Rhine Stone Cowboy And Cake!

 photo e49113e5-6fd0-4090-8c50-a0550f5ec60e_zps5d8ed5ab.jpg
 
 
Days 19, 20, 21: I’m baaaaaaaack!  Yes, I know, you missed me terribly!  I apologize for missing a few days, we have been busy!  Ok ok, I’ve been lazy as well!  It’s been a combination of busy and lazy…Perhaps lazy is a bigger part of it lol.  Either way, I’m proud to announce I have ZERO BAD news to tell all of you!  Quite the opposite actually!  No failures, relapses, dip runs, whatever you want to call it!  I haven’t chewed!  Come to think of it, I haven’t even had any fake chew  No dip OR fip for this guy!
 
We had one hell of a family visit on Sunday.  Stacy, the kids, and I went down to see my parents and brother.  As always, the kids had a blast and we did to.  The kids can do NO WRONG in the eyes of Grammy Carol lol.  We celebrated my moms birthday with a beautiful home made cake that Stacy baked for my mom.  Like I said in my last blog, Stacy won’t say this because of her modesty so I will: The cake was AWESOME!  Both the presentation and taste were fantastic!  It looks like a simple cake, but I watched her (and sorta kinda but not really helped) make it and it’s NOT easy!  For her it was easy, but for the average person, it would be VERY hard to make look good and taste good!  She did both, as she always does!

 photo 317d0994-2ecf-4d02-8cf1-d35ac16f45a0_zps69378c1f.jpg
 photo 893bf202-0a84-4783-9700-45a05f7cf9c2_zps906486be.jpg
 photo 5c034962-e4d4-4b3a-a7b1-7c464a9be490_zps4c671d3d.jpg
 
My mom also made chicken n’ waffles, which we all love!  In PA we do it the right way to.  Waffles with the chicken gravy sauce and giant chunks of tender chicken put right over the home made waffles.  I’ve seen down south that they take waffles and put fried chicken beside it on the same plate, but not really together.  Are you kidding me!?  Get outta here with that crap, southern states!
 
And last but not least, Big Tom had a great time as well.  My dad was/is one tough dude.  He is a retired Master First Sergeant in the United States Army and he could still kick my ass to this day.  However, little Auden and Beckett have him wrapped around their little mini fingers!  That’s the way it should be right? Rhine Stone Cowboy…
 
 photo 82846a44-f586-4e30-81f1-5787ceabf3bb_zps3e4d39bd.jpg
 
As with most things in my past life (my chewing life), I have a ton of “chew memories” at my parents house.  Thankfully, the positive and fun memories out weigh the “chew memories.”  Regardless, I snuck my first can of chew into that house; I got caught chewing for the first time in that house, and I got my first chew buzz inside that house.  Just about every room in that house is a trigger for me to chew.  It felt damn good to walk around my parent’s house all day long and not chew.  I played with the kids, socialized with my family, gave piggy back rides, ran around outside and just flat out enjoyed myself and my family and I didn’t have to stop ONCE to find a spitter, my chew or spit in general.  I didn’t have to try and hide it from the kids or gross anyone out with my spitter.  I put a post on Facebook the other day that I think has summed up my Dip Quit Journey so far.  Tobacco free weekends are quickly becoming one my favorite things in the world to do.  I truly mean that.  It feels GREAT to do that!  I literally never knew what it was like to be with my family without chewing.  I thought about it before, but I always made excuses to myself as to why it was ok.  It was never ok, but like all addicts, I justified it to myself and/or anyone else who questioned it. 
 
On Monday, we got our dog back!  We never actually lost him or had him taken away, but he was a little down in the dumps because he had his anti-manhood surgery a week ago.  Monday was his check up day and they allowed him to take his cone/helmet/funnel thing off. The VERY SECOND it was off, he ran around like he was just released from person after a 50 year sentence.  He sure did appreciate it!  He celebrated by stealing the kids shoes, eating paper and taking a dump on the floor.  Yup, our dog is back and he hasn’t missed a beat!  Just his balls…
 
Want to hear something that will probably leave you scratching your head?  OK maybe it won’t but I’m going to tell you anyway.  After I went about three or four days without chew, food started to taste better.  No bullshit!  Everything I have eaten has started to taste better!  Good foods become great and great foods are out of this world!  Although I’m not sure, I would be willing to bet ex smokers could say the same thing.  If so, I’d like to think that’s some pretty good motivation to stop chewing/smoking…right?  I mean come on, we’re American and Americans are fat!  All we want to do every minute of the day is eat.  Why not maximize the experience?
 
Speaking of fat, we had to go grocery shopping on Tuesday,  For those of you with kids, does it seems like you’re not only grocery shopping 19 times a month, but every time you go, do you have at minimum an entire cart full?  We seem to!  I actually enjoy grocery shopping, just not carrying the groceries in when it’s 11 F’n degrees out! 
 
Alright folks, I’m beat and I’m ready to get some sleep.  Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment