Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day 7: Carpet Cleaning Champ, Manhood!

 photo a52e4428-29f3-4547-b92f-a6424730290c_zps98c6eb2d.jpg
 
Day 7: One week! How did we celebrate one week?  We cleaned!  Yup that’s right we cleaned.  I don’t see a need to celebrate one week.  I’ve made it to the one week point three times now.  I SHOULD make it to the one week point! There is absolutely no reason for me not to make it to the one week mark.  I made it to seven days and it’s time to make it to day eight….Then two weeks, three weeks, etc.
 
One thing I have learned from my failure is to throw my pride out the window.  If I am going somewhere alone and I start to feel as though I may pull into a store to buy chew, I’ll call Stacy.  She’ll talk to me until my cravings go away.  It works!  Also, there are days when I flat out say to her that I would appreciate it if she’d go with me to run certain errands so I don’t run the risk of buying chew.  It all depends on how I’m feeling on a day to day basis.  I’m pretty sure these cravings, whether they are out of no where or cravings that come on over time will get easier as the days go by.  But, like I said yesterday, I’m not going to let my guard down!
 
I will say this though; I’m the carpet cleaning champion of the world!  For starters, I enjoy vacuuming, which is one of my jobs here at the house.  Using the regular vacuum is a nice way to make a carpet look semi decent without putting in a ton of effort.  However, using a regular vacuum cleaner just cleans up the very tippy top of the carpet.  There are SO MANY things hiding deeper in your carpet.  You don’t believe me?  Try using a carpet cleaner! You can vacuum every single day and you may THINK your carpet is clean but I can assure you it’s NOT.  Once you use an actual carpet cleaner you’ll know what I mean.  I assume many of you already know what I mean, well, if you use a carpet cleaner. Carpet cleaners aren’t cheap and neither are the cleaning liquids that go in them, but they are well worth it, especially if you have children and or pets!  It truly makes our house smell and feel fresher every time we do it.  Our carpet literally looks brand new.

 
 photo fa64d928-bb2c-4381-8b40-29246ddb4f49_zpsbe57da47.jpg
 
And for the big day…The day no man EVER wants to come.  The day no man looks forward to.  The day of doom.  Today is that day for Andy, our nine month old wiener dog.  Auden and I are taking him to the vet in a few minutes to get neutered. Poor guy…He’s losing his manhood, his man card, his awesomeness, and his balls!  As Stacy and Stacy’s mom say “he’s cashing in all his coins and he’s only left with a change purse.”
 
Auden and I just got back form the vet.  Auden was a huge help and I’m very proud of her.  Andy was a trooper and well behaved for the short time Auden and I were there with him.  I already miss the little guy, especially knowing what he’s there for.  He just has no idea what so ever what he’s in for!  Oh man…
 Andy has been at the vet this evening for about three hours and we just got a call saying he’s being an angel!  He’s never an angel!  Either way, it makes me feel good knowing he’s doing ok and we can all get a good night sleep tonight.
 
 photo 5f81d8ff-ead4-420f-be5f-b57957bf3a5b_zps27db4e4d.jpg
 
 It’s about that time.  It feels kind of weird not having a puppy in our bed. I think I’ll take advantage of it and cuddle with my gal!  Yeah, that’s right I’m a cuddle-guy and I love to cuddle with my lady! Oh and by the way, this is the second night in a row that I’m not having any fake dip (fip) while lying in bed.  The reason it’s a big deal to me is because lying in bed and watching TV was a huge trigger for me to have chew.  I ALWAYS chewed during this time.  I’m proud of myself! Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment