Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

Day 12: Diner Food And My Beautiful Lady!

 photo cc62427c-7678-416d-8ac1-60d4a66647cd_zps3bd90e67.jpg
 
Day 12: Good ol’ Sunday!  We’re headed to Palmers, a very small local diner that everyone around here raves about!  I have never been there so Stacy is taking me, she’s THAT romantic.  I want to see what all the buzz is about! 
 
Ok, now I see what all the buzz is about.  It was fantastic!  It’s an old school type of diner- old photos, a juke box in every booth, etc.  The staff is very friendly and the food is great!  Oh, and the prices are awesome as well!  I had a sausage, egg and cheese sandwich on whole wheat toast with a side of home fries that covered ¾ of the plate and coffee.  Stacy had two eggs, over easy, toast, sausage and tea.  It came out to about $10.00!  I think Palmers is a place we will be going to at least two or three times a month from here on out!
 
From Palmers we went over to Weis for some groceries then to Wal-Mart for more groceries.  Back to the real world for us after a weekend of fun and relaxation. Keep in mind; these little “trips” to different stores were always triggers for me.  I always made sure I had my can of chew and a fresh spitter ready to go when I could have been doing other things instead.  Then it was more of the usual- hiding my spitter from people, looking for a place to throw a quick dip in, planning the day around chew and so on.  Poor Stacy even did things that she wouldn’t normally do. 
 
Speaking of Stacy, she’s ALWAYS been supportive!  I can’t even begin to explain to how great she has been.  She has NEVER, not ONE time pressured me in to quitting.  As a matter of fact, she was quite the opposite.  No, she didn’t like when I chewed, but she understood that if I was going to quit chewing, I had to quit for myself first and foremost.  She knew that if I wanted to chew, I was going to chew.  She never added any extra pressure one way or the other.  She was well aware that I added plenty of pressure to myself lol.  But she also knew I had it in me to quit.  To be honest, she knew WELL BEFORE I did!  I’m truly thankful for that.  She has been my confidence booster.  Actually, she’s been more than that.  She has been my only source of confidence many times because I sure as hell didn’t have any confidences in myself!  If I do make it (I will!) to day 100, it’ll be those days that I look back on and give her a big kiss for!  The days when I was down and she refused to let me stay down.  THANK YOU SWEETNESS!
 
 photo 99cbc50b-d846-4767-be40-d008ad4c686c_zpsb08025fb.jpg
 
Grammy Carol kept Andy (our puppy) for one more night so we could enjoy one last night of peace and quiet.  We do miss him and we’re ready to see him tomorrow.  We’re ready to have our whole family back in tact.  Chaos, here we come! Chaos is what we do best; it’s what all parents do best right? 
 
Alright, time to watch some TV and get some rest.  Good night all…
 

2 comments:

  1. I just commented on what a good pic that one is of u 2 yesterday! Anothr day bro and that is all u need,onee day everyday,hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I hope you find more favorites in their menu when you come back for more. Lots of people might not think of diner food as that special – just remarkably evocative of old-fashioned homemade cooking, but there's something in diner cuisine (when done right) that's in a class of its own. And good luck with your quest to quit nicotine altogether!

    Black Bear Diner

    ReplyDelete