Pages

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Day 13: Will Power, Quesadilla's, Inspiration!

 photo 2dfa328b-157f-48a1-8736-11742840d245_zps1cd0811d.jpg
 
Day 13:  I’m slowly but surely creeping my way back to where I was when I failed last time.  As you all know, I failed on day 18 last time.  I can assure you that day is on my mind at least once a day.  I’m using it as motivation, among other things.  You can NEVER have too many sources of motivation!
 
Today is another day where we have to drive a little ways, meaning it’s “trigger” time!  However, I feel great and haven’t had any cravings, besides the usual.  I haven’t needed any candy, sunflower seeds or fip so far, which is a huge improvement in of itself! 
 
We couldn’t find the “fat kid” version of the quesadilla maker that we were searching for so we got the “normal” one lol.  I think we’ll live!  It’s pretty cool, it has a red pepper as the handle that you hold onto to open and it close it.  We’re officially using it tomorrow night when we make quesadillas as a family.  It should be fun! I wonder what we’ll add to our own unique quesadillas. 
 
 photo f508ee83-c40a-4e56-9bf1-9f4db2080c5c_zpsae7117de.jpg
 
 photo 2eacf4a1-1ec2-4900-81ce-33987a536909_zps849aa846.jpg
 
Poor Beckett was sick today.  He has a terrible cough and diarrhea, BIG TIME!  He made out like a bandit though.  He got to go down to Grammy Carol’s and get spoiled for about two hours because Stacy and I had things we had to get done.  We also picked up Andy as well.  It was like a sad ending to romantic movie!  When we were pulling away, Andy (our dog) was staring out the window at Grammy Carol while Grammy Carol stared back.  BOTH looked heart broken!  If  I was a dog, I’d be heart broken when I left Grammy Carol’s to, considering he’s fed better food there than most humans are fed on a daily basis!
 
Besides the sadness lol, it was a nice visit all while we got some business stuff completed.  I think we just might have inspired my brother to try and quit chewing.  We’ll see though.  I know from first hand experience that it takes a lot more than three or four people saying “nicotine is bad” before you TRULY can quit.  I thought on two different occasions that I had it under control.  I didn’t.  I do know that Dan can do it.  I do know that Dan will have the SAME support system that I have, which is the most important resource to have, at least in my opinion. 
 
Quitting nicotine has been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.  It’s harder than graduating high school, college and graduate school.  It’s harder than playing football, baseball, wrestling, etc.  It’s harder than exercising; it’s harder than being a good father.  It’s harder than being a good brother.  It’s harder than almost everything.  These tobacco companies know that and once they get someone addicted; they have you/us exactly where they want.  With all of that being said, those “evil” tobacco companies never once told me to chew.  They didn’t buy me a can.  They didn’t sneak me a dip.   They didn’t trick me.  I chose to chew and I chose to keep chewing.  Now I choose to QUIT!
 
Nicotine is VERY addicting, both physically and psychologically, but you CAN choose to quit!  I’m not too proud to say I need help either.  I have the help and I have all the other resources.  The only resources I need on my own are will power and the ability to remain positive.  I’ll be honest, neither one of those are as easy as they seem.  That’s where having sincere support from family and friends come in.  With their support, remaining positive becomes easier and remaining positive keeps my will power at the level it needs to be at.  Oh and by the way, will power has to be HIGH all the time.  It’s like being up to bat in the bottom of the ninth, bases loaded, two outs, down by three runs ALL THE TIME.  I learned this the hard way.  I used a few days in the past like it was only the second inning and I struck out!  Anyway, now that I’m done with my preaching, I’m tired.  Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment