Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Days 10 and 11: Busy Weekend And A Weigh In!

 photo 3686ab63-5d3d-4b91-b5d5-6128ab1bd6ce_zps0206a18e.jpg

Days 10 and 11.  What a weekend!  It wasn’t just a great weekend because Stacy and I had a lot of fun; it was a great weekend because I didn’t chew!  Every day I don’t chew, I gain more confidence and the more confidence I gain, the easier this journey will become both mentally and physically. We went all over the place and did a lot of things, most importantly, we enjoyed each others company! 
 
On Friday we went to State College for an appointment.  Right off the bat, anyone who is or was addicted to nicotine should know what I’m going to say next.  When was the last time you drove for over an hour in your own car and didn’t smoke or chew?  Driving, especially for at least an hour is a HUGE trigger for me, and probably anyone who has/had a nicotine addiction.  I knew this before we drove there so I stocked up on my alternatives- hard candy, fake chew (fip), and sunflower seeds.  Want to hear something funny?  Not only did I leave the fake chew alone, I think I only had ONE piece of hard candy and absolutely no seeds on the way there and on the way home.  Overall, I had ONE piece of candy and that’s it! Never under estimate the power of having good company!  It wasn’t the radio that got me through the trip, it obviously wasn’t the chewing alternatives that got me through it, it was the good company I had!  We had great conversations, made each other laugh, stopped for different snacks, etc.  It was a good time! Then, after we were back, we went on a romantic date to Wal-Mart and walked around lol.  Want to hear the funniest thing of all?  We were excited to get home in our warm bed by 7pm!  We have no shame! We went to Burger King before coming home and half the meal we talked about how good it was going to feel when we get home in our comfy clothes and in our comfy bed!  We are hardcore I tell you!
 
Today (Saturday) we’re headed down to the mall and other places.  Once again, the drive is about 45-50 minutes so I’m all stocked up with my chew alternatives.  My goal is to not need them just like yesterday. 
 
Our first stop was Ollies, which to me, is either a hit or miss store.  Sometimes you’ll find some great deals, sometimes you won’t.  Either way, it’s always a good time hunting for that deal at Ollies.  We did find something we liked!  It’s a Sushi book and kit.  The kit comes with a 64 page book, bamboo rice paddle, two pairs of chopsticks, and a bamboo rolling mat.  We both love sushi, it was cheap and we needed the real rolling mat, not one from the Dollar Tree so we couldn’t pass this up! 
 
 photo 686c03aa-25f4-4e7a-a9d2-4a87f4df37d7_zps2cd67df9.jpg
 
Then we headed to Target where we saw J. Wilt!  What’s up J!?
 
From the moment we left this morning, we were on the look out for a quesadilla maker.  Through out the day we found a ton of them, but they were all small!  Our country is the fattest country on earth for a reason; we don’t eat small quesadilla’s!  Because of that, we’re still on the hunt for a fat kid version of a quesadilla maker!
 
Also, while we were at Target, we stopped in at the Starbucks that was inside.  I got regular coffee, which I assume most people don’t get at Starbucks.  I’ll never get regular coffee from Starbucks again.  It was wayyyyyyyyy too strong for me!  I put 5-7 packets of sweet n’ low in it and it was still entirely too strong for me.  I couldn’t take it.  I’m not sure how much it cost but it was the worst cup of coffee I have had since I started drinking coffee.  I don’t consider myself a varsity coffee drinker yet.  I really didn’t even start drinking coffee until I stopped chewing.  The only cup of coffee I had that was worse than Starbucks was the free cup that Ollies was giving out, and it wasn’t by much!  I guess people have it right when they stick to fancy $5.00 drinks. 
 
I have to mention this real quick.  We went to TJ Maxx and Stacy got a purse that she absolutely loves.  She finally found the “perfect” affordable purse after turning down 1,971,547 other purses.  Today will go down in history as one of the greatest ever, until she wants a new purse……………….Next week….
 
Then it was off to Applebee’s!  (Thanks for the gift card Mr. and Mrs. Roush!)  Stacy got the three cheese penne and I got the 7oz sirloin and garlic mashed potatoes.  Both meals were great and after about 20 years of eating of steak, I took the advice of a former vegetarian and started ordering my meat at medium-rare instead of medium.  It was a GREAT choice!  No, Applebee’s doesn’t have the greatest steak of all time, but it’s a nice steak made even nicer when it was cooked medium rare!  Thanks Stacy! Then Stacy got the $1.00 dessert.  It was a warmed up brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  The bite I had was absolutely awesome and I couldn’t believe it was only a buck!  Well done Applebee’s!
 
I always mention triggers, and for those of you who read this blog, know what I mean when I say that word.  There are many big triggers but the all time biggest trigger for was after a meal.  I would ALWAYS, not sometimes, not most of the time, ALWAYS grab for my can of dip after a meal.  Today, after we left Applebee’s I don’t remember thinking about it.  I truly am proud!  However, I know this is no time to get cocky or over confident.  The very next meal I eat could be the one where I was want a dip as bad as I did after day one.  We just never know; which is one of the many reasons why it’s so hard to quit nicotine.
 
Once we got to the mall we just did some shopping, enjoyed each others company, bought a few things and headed home, well not before a stop at Marlins Subs.  I haven’t eaten there since high school.  It brought back great memories and Marlins has the besy mayo EVER!  It was a GREAT weekend!  We would also like to thank Grammy Carol (my mom) for watching our puppy all weekend while we went to appointments and enjoyed some alone time.  We are very grateful!  We got you a gift but I can’t say what it is on here because you’ll read it on here before you actually get it lol.
 
Now it’s time for the always interesting and exciting weigh in!  This is my fifth weigh in.  I’ve been weighing in once a week since I quit chewing.  Remember why?  Because one of the BIGGEST excuses out there is “I’ll gain too much weight if I quit!”  My last four weigh-ins were as follows:
 
Day 1: 189.2 lbs
Day 7: 190.0 lbs
Day 14: 186.6 lbs
Day 21: 182.4 lbs
 
Today when I weighed in……I was……184.2 lbs! 
 
 photo f805d61b-849d-4328-8efc-6ce74d7621b6_zps1573ead8.jpg
 
I gained about two lbs. back from last week and I have LOST about 8 lbs. over all.  Most importantly, I am nicotine free for another week!  I know I have chewed since the actual day one, but I have only had one dip in the last 28ish days.  My point is, you don’t HAVE to gain weight when you quit nicotine!  We’ll keep weighing in and we’ll see how I end up after 100 days.  Here’s one thing I am SURE of.  If I make it to 100 days, I don’t care if I gain 50 lbs!  My goal is not to gain 50 lbs, but my BIGGEST goal is to remain nicotine free for 100 days and then for life!
 
Alright folks, it’s been a VERY enjoyable but long weekend for my old bones.  It’s time for some sleep and cuddle time with my lady! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment