Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 13: Lucky #13 and Bad Orange!

 photo 18b70dae-0bcc-46c0-b9e0-5249ccc262f4_zpsf597ff55.jpg
 
 
It’s day 13 folks! I’m super excited and I’m going to tell you why.  I had MANY cravings today, which is usually a trigger for me to be grumpy or irritable.  I wasn’t grumpy OR irritable! Well, ask Stacy to confirm this but I’m pretty sure we did well with these cravings. In my opinion, that is a HUGE step towards beating this addiction.  It’s not the last step or final step by any means, but it’s a confidence booster!
 
Tonight’s blog won’t long because today was a pretty normal, no curve ball type of day, which is the best kind of day when you’re trying to quit nicotine. I will say this, tomorrows should be exciting, it’s my second week weigh in!  Do you think I gained more weight?  Remember, after the first week, I gained eight-tenths of a pound. I was expecting it to be worse.  Maybe all my food consumption has caught up to me during my second week.  We shall see! Combine the fact that I’m trying to replace dip with food AND the fact that Stacy feeds me very well, you’d think I’d gain some weight right?
 
We had smoothies again today.  We added in a clementine orange assuming it wouldn’t do anything except add some flavor.  It did add flavor, but not the kind of flavor we wanted. It’s a process of elimination when you add new fruits to your smoothie.  Mr. clementine you have been eliminated! I’ll still eat you by yourself, but not with your friends all mashed up! Stacy said “Mr. Clementine seemed to have to much hair.” LOL
 
We’ve also been doing our teeth whitening challenge.  So far, it looks like Stacy is winning.  I’m doing the store bought teeth whitener; she’s doing the home made variety.  The home made stuff has hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and crest complete with scope tooth paste.  It takes her about two minutes a day and it takes me about 15 minutes a day.  Plus, I’m stuck with a giant mouth piece and I can’t talk for the 15 minutes.  You would THINK mine would work better.  So far, not so much.
 
Alright, folks...Tomorrow is my second week weigh in AND it’s my two week goal! 
 
Goodnight all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment