Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Day 15: Ham n' Cheese, Snow and Peace!

 photo dd987904-5df4-4cef-bdc6-09f59216620d_zps85120cba.jpg
 
Day 15: Two weeks plus one! This morning, Stacy and I woke up about an hour earlier than we needed/wanted to.  We just laid there and talked and looked at our phones.  While we were doing that, I started laughing because when I was chewing, I absolutely would have put in a dip during that hour!  It was wonderful not to grab for a can of chew, a spitter, etc.  Sometimes I wouldn’t even have my chew or spitter near and I’d have to get out of the warm bed and go searching. That right there is reason #5,771 I’m glad that I’m a quitter!
 
I just dropped the kids off at school and by the time I got home, Stacy let me know that the school called and said the kids were getting out early.  At this time, it seems like a good idea considering the weather is supposed to be pretty bad.  We shall see. 
 
Well, it’s now 3:30 and there is no snow. The kids got out at 1pm.  Did the school district make the right call?  I’m not sure how late the last bus drops kids off, but I assume it’s 4:30-5pm.  If that’s the case, they made the right call because it’s now 3:35ish and it’s snowing.  Hard.  Right call or not, our kids are home safe and to me that means they made the right call.
 
It’s finally time to go pick up our ham n’ cheese cosmos from OIP!  We LOVE OIP’s ham n’ cheese cosmos!  For those of you who don’t know, OIP stands for Original Italian Pizza. Ironically, we never actually order pizza from there lol.  We just order one cosmo because we like the same condiments on it.  I eat my half with Middlesworth BBQ chips and there is NO substitute!  If we don’t have them, I will make sure we get some before I eat my half lol. Stacy will have Utz Smokin’ Sweets at times, other times she’ll eat Middlesworth Plain chips.  Tonight she had Wavy Lays.  Pretty important stuff huh?


 photo e27971fa-3c41-4c68-97e6-490b5c330005_zps31754056.jpg
 
Tonight is a weird night.  We don’t have the kids this weekend so it’s oddly quiet in here.  We SHOULD enjoy it while we can, but I’d prefer hearing the mini voices asking for apple juice or a snack.  I’d even prefer one of them coming to our room at 3am telling us they had a bad dream.  Stacy and I are just lying in bed catching up on our You Tube videos.  I have Iowa-Illinois wrestling on the Big 10 Network.  Iowa is taking care of business as expected. Alrighty folks, it’s that time…
 
Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment