Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Day 9: Ham n' Neutered

 photo f6392f21-5013-49c0-9a0f-224b55b2ae10_zpse5fe9163.jpg
 
Day 9: Zero sleep last night…Andy, aka the prince dog did not do well on his first night home, at least sleep wise. I ended yesterday’s blog talking about how I hoped we’d get some sleep.  Well, we didn’t lol.  I think he’d be fine if we took his cone collar off but we can’t, especially when we are trying to sleep.  If we fall a sleep and he starts licking at his wound, he’ll have it open and bleeding in no time. I guess we’ll take it day by day just like we are with the chewing tobacco.
 
Speaking of chewing tobacco, I’m feeling good.  I’m getting great support, I’m feeling positive and I have been acting on it!  Stacy has been keeping me positive and realistic about myself.  She’s been keeping me focused just within things I can control. She’s been helping me learn to not be so hard on myself, which is a HUGE help. For instance, the first time I “failed” I just said to myself, “screw it” you already chewed so you might as well just keep chewing because it doesn’t matter anymore. This time, I had one dip, told Stacy about it and WE, as a team got back on the horse together.  I would NOT have stopped at just one dip if it weren’t for her.  I’ve said it 50 times so far and I’ll say it another 500 before this journey is over, thank you Stacy.
 
It’s freezing out!  What the hell is your problem Pennsylvania? I went to pick the kids up today and I waited outside for less than five minutes and I thought I was going to die.  Sure, maybe I’m half a wimp, but it’s also very cold!  As soon as the right time comes, we are moving to state with a warmer climate, for sure! Thirty plus years of freezing cold winters is enough! I can assure you, I won’t have to sell this idea to Stacy lol.
 
Besides sleeping, Andy has been pretty good.  He’s running around, jumping, going up the stairs, etc.  At first I was worried that we shouldn’t let him do that but the Vet told us to let him do what he’s going to do.  The only thing we absolutely can not let him do is lick his wound, hence the sweet bucket helmet. He just started drinking water, which is a good sign and he’s been great at taking his meds.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well he was with taking his meds.
 
For a quick dinner tonight, Stacy made her AWESOME grilled ham and cheese.  We had some left over swiss and provolone cheese so that’s what I used.  It was good, but I’d still prefer good ol’ American cheese.  Add some chips and bam! A quick and tasty dinner!
 
Now it’s time to try again with Andy and sleep.  Round one went to Andy! Then again, Andy always wins!  Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment