Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 4: Chinese Valentines, Sleep!

 photo 6ae8ddb8-fbfe-4e51-b27d-049d4387138a_zpsb2fac4a7.jpg
 
 
Day 4:  I’m nicotine free!  Again…I feel good today and I’m getting my confidence back, thanks to Stacy and making it through the three day detox.  I’ve had only minor cravings today, but I know from experience those cravings are not gone just because I’ve made it through the 72 hour detox.  It just means there will be less physical cravings.  However, the psychological addiction to nicotine is just as bad as the physical addiction.  I’m sick and tired of this “phase.”  You’d think I’d learn my lesson after failing twice huh?  We’ll see!  That’s the plan! I’m serious to; this phase literally does exhaust me physically and mentally.  It beats me up inside and out.  I feel like I’m sleeping while I’m in the middle of a boxing match with a boxer who is better than me.
 
Today was a good and busy day.  Remember yesterday’s blog?  Busy = good!  We went to two different grocery stores, the kids had a half day at school and we plan on falling a sleep nice and early tonight.  If that happened, it’ll feel great!
 
Perhaps it’s not AS good as the same day, but leftover Chinese food is fantastic! That’s what we had today.  On Valentines Day, Stacy and I took the kids to get Chinese Buffet take out, their choice.  They love it and they have a blast filling up the container with whatever food they like.  It was also a nice and affordable thing to do as a family for Valentines Day.  We had a great time as a family and I can’t think of anything better. 
 
Speaking of food, that’s what I want to talk about next.  Not recipes or anything like that, those are coming soon enough though!  Keep on the look out for Stacy’s blogs…  I have noticed that pretty much all food I eat, tastes better when I don’t have any nicotine in my body.  I’m not really sure if it’s a coincidence or not.  Maybe it’s just psychological, maybe nicotine really does affect taste buds.  I’m sure I could research it and find out for sure.  All I know is that the simplest foods seems to satisfy me.  It doesn’t hurt that Stacy is a FANTASTIC cook/baker!
 
Next up, grocery shopping!  I don’t understand how Weis Markets stays in business in this area.  Our Super Walmart has 95% of the stuff that Weis Markets has and it’s cheaper 100% of the time!  And when I say cheaper, I mean noticeably cheaper!  I do think some people just like to stay loyal, some people want to avoid the crowds at Walmart and some people find Weis Markets more convenient, but the price difference is almost always a big difference.   
 
Well folks, are you ready for this one?  It’s 9:45pm on a Friday night and we’re heading to bed!  No, not to bed to get on the lap tops or watch TV, we are actually going to sleep!  Wow!  This has to be some kind of record!  Just two years ago, if someone told me I’d be doing this, I’d be laughing at them.  Now, I’m happy to!  I think we’re getting old…..Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment