Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 11: Taxes and Confidence!

 photo 1653eb07-8904-4956-88ca-c35e71d909ab_zps870d5f90.jpg
 
Day 11!  Today was an awesome day!  Maybe the best day yet! We got a ton accomplished and I hardly had any cravings what so ever! However, I have learned (it’s about time!) not to get cocky with the nicotine gods. I did that before and got my ass kicked.  This time, I’m just to stay thankful and humble and be glad that I had a great day and try to be ready for anything each day.
 
We did my taxes today.  I moved from Maryland to Pennsylvania last year so Stacy and I assumed my taxes would be a nightmare.  They weren’t!  Well, they weren’t fun, but we didn’t get hammered financially! Phewwww! We made out quite well actually. It took us several questions and several hours and that is usually a HUGE trigger for chew.  11 days ago, if  I was sitting in front of the computer for several hours doing work, I would have made sure I had my chew and spitter.  In case you guys/gals didn’t already know this, spitters are DISGUSTING.  I’m very proud for many reasons to be a quitter, but knowing I don’t always need my disgusting spitter around me or others all the time sure as hell makes me feel good! Anyway, my work time would have revolved around how much chew I had.  If I would run out of chew, I would have stopped my work and went to buy more chew.  Often times I would lose my motivation to be productive on my way to the store.  I would have told myself “I did enough, I’ll finish it later.”  In reality, If I never would have left my computer, I would have kept my motivation and got the work done, just like Stacy and I did today!  It feels good baby!
 
Remember yesterday when I said I felt like I was taking a step back by buying more fake chew?  I was comforted by the great people of www.killthecan.org when they told me that in no way was fake chew a set back!  Stacy also said something great, “Fake chew isn’t a set back, REAL chew is!”  She’s right….As always lol.
 
I’m very happy and proud to say, although I do have fake chew sitting beside me on my night stand, I’m about to fall a sleep and I did NOT chew any of it! The reason that’s such a big deal to me?  Because mornings and bed time is when I get my worst cravings!  I don’t expect it to be this easy every day, but I’ll take a good day when I can get one! Stacy likes good days to lol. Today’s post is short, but that’s a good thing!  No bitching, no set backs, no venting, etc.  I can’t promise every day will be so smooth though lol. Well folks, let’s hope tomorrow is more of the same.  Good night all…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment