Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day 8: Sleepless In PA

 photo 674b731a-56dd-44f8-abb0-8405072d5a14_zps85750280.jpg
 
 
Day 8: It’s on to week two, as it should be!  I’m still disappointed in myself for failing on day 18 last time.  I think about it daily.  I’m not dwelling on it, but I do remind myself of it at least once a day.  I believe it’ good motivation and there is never too much motivation for the type of journey I’m on.
 
Cravings wise and state of mind wise, I’m doing ok.  I get daily cravings, as anyone who is/was addicted to nicotine would after only eight days off it.  For lack of a better term, that’s part of the “challenge” of quitting.  Cravings will come and go for a LONG time.  I can’t pin point when they’ll stop, if ever.  Of the people I have spoken to in the past who have quit nicotine, ALL of them say they still get cravings from time to time.  That’s part of the issue for many people.  That’s why MOST people fail up to six times before finally quitting for good or just not ever trying to quit again. 
 
We just got back from picking up Andy from his “loss of man hood” surgery.  The poor guy is completely out of it and he has to wear the cone thingy.  You all know what I’m talking about.  He keeps looking at us like he hates us for allowing it to happen.  It’s so hard comforting the little guy because he can’t comprehend things like “you’ll be ok soon buddy,” or “we had this surgery done because…”
 
 photo e54dbf78-c361-458b-969c-1168bec89264_zps28e31e04.jpg
 
Before we picked Andy up, we went as a family to get Chinese buffet take out.  The kids absolutely love doing that!  I’m not sure why, but they do! Auden likes it because she feels like a big kid because she can put her own food in the container.  Beckett loves it because he loves rice and pizza and you can get them at the same time there lol. I love it because I LOVE Chinese food!  Stacy does as well.  As a matter of fact, for a small person, Stacy lays the hammer on the Chinese buffet!  
 
It’s getting later and later and Andy can NOT get comfy. We put his doggie bed in our bed and he just looks extremely uncomfortable no matter what we try and do to help.  He’s still a little sloppy from the pain meds at the vet to. 
 
It’s about midnight now, Andy can’t sleep and Stacy and I can’t sleep because of that.  I have a feeling it’s going to go on all night.  If so, we’ll be up with the poor guy. 
 
Yup, we have been up pretty much the whole night.  Andy has been tossing, turning and trying to lick his wound all night and we’ve been awake trying to help him get comfortable and stop him from licking.  On the bright side, I still haven’t chewed!  This is one of those times when I’d have a dip.  If I got woken up for any amount of time during the night, I’d put in a dip while watching TV, and I’d do it 100% of the time.  It was nice knowing I wasn’t going to chew!  Alright folks, I hope you get a better night sleep than Stacy and I.  Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment