Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Days 14 and 15: I Barfed...

 photo 9bb15849-3948-4773-a959-8d2a7e0d60da_zps95229135.jpg
 photo 7b32cca3-5e16-43a9-806d-8f9eed694b7d_zps117a4df5.jpg
 
Days 14 and 15: Things have been going very well in the “no chewing” department.  I certainly haven’t chewed any real chew and I’m proud to say I haven’t even had any fake chew for the last two days!  However, in all fairness, it could be contributed to the fact that I was up ALL night barfing my guts out because I caught the stomach flu that everyone has been talking about. 
 
On Tuesday night we finally got to use our quesadilla maker!  They came out great! Auden had her cheese quesadilla, Stacy had her chicken and cheese quesadilla and I had my chicken, cheese, and of course bacon quesadilla.  Why would you NOT add bacon!?  Here comes the part where I probably gross a lot of you out.  I mixed Franks Hot Sauce with sour cream and dipped my quesadilla in it.  It was good!  But, then Stacy busted out the Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce and I was hooked!  Great idea Stacy! We also came to realize that all the complaining Stacy and I did about the quesadilla maker being too small was all for not because it was the perfect size.  None of us could even finish our own quesadilla’s, let alone a giant one.
 
And then it happened…After going for well over a year without having the flu, it came out of nowhere and kicked my ass.  It started coming out the back end and then it was coming out of the front end.  Yup, barfing and diarrhea is a wonderful combination.  Thankfully none of them happened literally at the same time lol.  That has happened to me before when I had a kidney stone though!  Anyway, I am pretty sure I kept Stacy awake all night because every time I’d barf and come back to bed, I’d have to get up again run to the bathroom.  Plus, I had nothing left in me to barf so I was dry heaving most of the night.  We all know how that feels.  My abs are sore, my back hurts, even my thighs are sore!  Remember in college when you had THAT night of drinking too much…….Kool Aid and you said “Please god just let me stop puking and I’ll never drink (Kool Aid) again.”  Yes, you do remember!  Well, I had THAT night and I wasn’t even drinking. On the bright side, it helped me go another day without chew…
 
 photo 3dce40de-8347-4f59-b104-b18028eb48eb_zps9951ac9c.jpg
 
 Ok, time to get serious for a moment.  This is the first time I have been sick since Stacy and I have been together.  We’ve been together for well over a year so I consider myself pretty lucky.  My point is, it’s just ANOTHER reason why I’m so thankful to have her.  I was in severe pain when I was barfing and it hurt so bad that I was actually making myself nervous.  She was there for every second of it comforting me and making sure I was ok.  She didn’t care about herself or how much sleep was or wasn’t getting.  She focused on me and I can’t thank her enough for that!  Thanks momma! 
 
Oh and one more reason to give her some props….While I was laying in bed about to die, OF COURSE our dog decides it’s a good time for him to barf to.  So, Stacy pulls a Super Man, gets Andy out of bed just quick enough not to barf in our bed and gets him to barf on the floor.  Then it was my turn again lol.  GOD BLESS YOU STACY!  I LOVE YOU!
 
And that ALL happened on Tuesday night!  Needless to say, I was feeling crappy Wednesday.  Thank god there was no barfing, just a ton of body soreness and exhaustion.  It worked out pretty well though.  Because Stacy was so tried from helping me, she got a nap in.  I slept as well.  Then from about 3pm until bed time last night it was just about survival lol.  A five and seven year old don’t understand the concept that the two adults in the house are sick so please chill out.  But, because we are a good team both of us worked together, kept the kids under control, got dinner done, cleaned up, and got the kids to bed in a timely manner.  Teamwork is GOOD!  So is sleep. Good night all…
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment