Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 16: Haters, Deep Thoughts and Deep Fried!

 photo 5a7fcdc2-c889-4d37-a5d3-9ff12b1d973a_zps62c9ea89.jpg
 
Day 16:  So far, it’s been a pretty good Saturday!  Ok fine, we just woke up but it has been nice because we slept until 8am!  I don’t remember the last time we slept that late!  It was great, but different.  I assume the rest of the day will be good to, but I imagine it’ll be a little off because Stacy and I just don’t know what to do without the kids, especially on a Saturday!
 
I bet a lot of you think we’re nuts because we aren’t completely enjoying our alone time.  Let me be clear.  WE ARE ENJOYING IT!  But, we talk the talk about how we are going to fully utilize our rare alone time and do this, that and the other thing, but in reality, all we do is feel off and complain that we miss the kids.  We really do miss the kids.  We miss the little things; the sights and sounds they make and the cute things they do when they don’t think we’re watching.  It’s UNBELIEVABLY cute seeing Auden and Beckett sing a long to a You Tube video.  It’s super cute when Beckett’s five year old imagination runs wild and he tells us stories about absolutely nothing. It’s super cute when seven year old Auden dances in the middle of the living room.  Those things are priceless, literally priceless.
 
Here comes the part where we ENJOYED our alone time. For most of the day, Stacy and I sat on the couch and watched TV, surfed the internet and played with the dog.  Not very exciting to most of you, well to those of you with no children.  To Stacy and me, doing nothing is doing something and loving it!
 
As for my Dip Quit Journey, things are going well.  Last time (you all know by now) I made it to six weeks before failing.  Although I’m only on day 16, things are smoother and I have more confidence.  I’m not sure why or what it is, but I do know I feel pretty damn good.  Perhaps it’s my support system?  Stacy, Stacy’s mom, my mom and many of you REALLLLLLY help!  Sunflower seeds help, hell, I think even our regime of vitamins are helping.  I feel as though I have a lot of energy.  Maybe that’s it!  Maybe I’m using my newly found energy in a more positive and efficient way. 
 
No, it hasn’t been all cart wheels and roses.  Thanks to Mrs. Sherry Roush and Mrs. Carol Thomas and their “moms know best” experience, I have found the REAL, TRUE, DEEP love for my lady and my family.  I knew I loved them and I always have.  I’m not a bad guy by any means; I just didn’t have the confidence in myself to love them the way a soon to be husband is supposed to and needs to do.  Now, through out this Dip Quit Journey, I’ve learned to listen better and talk less.  I’ve learned to love more and take the love as it comes.  I’ve learned sincerely enjoy the small things.  If we have a lot of small things that makes us happy, it’s better than having a few big things.  We have family, a warm home, healthy children who make us laugh every single day, food on the table, the ability to prepare it, modern conveniences, and most importantly…GENUINE LOVE.  A lot of people claim to have genuine love, but deep inside not everyone is lucky enough to have it.  I am lucky enough to have that genuine love all around me.  I need to and WILL be forever grateful.  I’m not saying I wasn’t thankful for that before, but I don’t think I truly appreciated it the way I do now.  I think many people have that issue.  I guess the old cliché is correct:  You don’t know what you have until it’s gone.  I’m one of the lucky people who was able to learn that “lesson” before it actually happened.  That alone makes me luckier than a millionaire.  And if I haven’t absolutely, positively, FULLY, 100% learned all of the things I just mentioned, I do know I am learning and every new day is a day I can learn more.  I can take those words and make them become actions.  As well all know, actions are clearly more important than words.
 
As for the haters out there, keep on hating, it’s what you do.  We haven’t really experienced a whole of lot of hating, but I’m sure we will as we try to continually grow our blogging and vlogging experiences. Currently, we live in a small town, and I also grew up in a small town.  After college I lived in an area for 7ish years that wasn’t huge, but it was much bigger than Central PA.  I noticed there wasn’t as much hate/jealousy in that area.  I guess gossip and rumors are easy to come by in small towns because it’s all people have to do.  Also, we ALL know just by looking at Facebook that people love other people’s misery!  For instance, I guarantee more people would read this blog if I failed this Dip Quit Journey.  It’s a sad fact that people enjoy watching other people fail.  If other people fail, those “haters” feel better about themselves.  We all know a hater or two and all know a hater never admits to being a hater.  Here’s my final say on haters.  Please keep hating if that’s all you know, you have to deal with yourself each day and you have to look in the mirror.  It will eat you up inside, assuming you do have a heart in there somewhere.  If you don’t, you’ll always be a hater in denial.  If you do have a heart, one day you’ll be happy for someone when they take a chance, do something well, or succeed at something and it might, just MIGHT make you smile. That’s all for now on that subject!
 
Stacy and I just got done making cheese stuffed burgers and homemade fresh cut french fries.  We weren’t very confident about the outcome of the stuffed burgers but they came out well!  They tasted good, that I know!  They were HUGE because you have to make two patties and stuff the cheese in the middle, at least the way we did it.  I’m sure there are other ways to do it.  We used a thing-a-ma-bobber that we got at Walmart that helps you press and stuff the patties.  Stacy will go into more detail about in her blog TONIGHT!  Be on the look out for her blog TONIGHT! Here’s a small peek at our meal. Yummy!
 
 photo 907b1087-c300-4d93-81fe-1f879aad303a_zps9db2f56f.jpg
 
Goodnight all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment