Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Day 8 and family fun!

 photo e29c54e6-c33b-4e22-9b8d-3e88efb9b569_zps2cceb8ac.jpg
 
Well, we reached one milestone….One week!  Guess what?  That milestone has come and gone so let’s look forward to the next one!  Today day eight and all is well at our house.  We can’t complain because it’s Friday, right? 
 
Everything went smooth, almost too smooth for my liking.  The kids cooperated by getting up, getting a bath, getting dressed and off to school with no problems.  What has this world come to?  Something is bound to go wrong! Is it a full moon?  Is there a witch somewhere? All I know, and anyone who has young children knows, it’s NOT often that everything goes right during the morning before a day of school.
 
I woke up with my usual morning cravings, but for some reason I’m getting better at fighting them off.  It sure helps having two kids to keep me busy the second I wake up in the morning.  It’s funny I suppose, but my worst cravings come when I first wake up and when Stacy and I settle down in bed for the night.  Eight days in and the cravings have not gone away.  They won’t either.  I’m just better at fighting them off and finding alternatives to deal with them.  I also have the best support you could imagine.  I’ve said it a million times, family support is HUGE!
 
We’re heading to the grocery store, Dollar Tree and Dollar General today.  Just picking up some odds and ends, perhaps more importantly, we’re keeping ME busy and productive!  As usual, thank you Stacy! My chew alternative choice today is sunflower seeds.  They are hitting the spot!  You know what else hits the spot?  Those popcorn chicken balls you can get at the Walmart Deli. Stacy and I get a cup of those a lot while we are walking around and getting our shopping done.
 
Tonight is family game/fun night.  We’re finally busting out DJ Hero for the Wii. It doesn’t really matter what games we play, it’s just nice spending time with the kids knowing they love us specifically because we are hanging out with them. It wont be long until the time comes when they will despise hanging out with us and won’t want anything to do with us on a Friday night!
 
Well, it turns out that DJ Hero is pretty hard for the kids to play.  That’s not true, they loved playing it, but they love playing with the turn table even more.  Either way, I don’t care.  They’re having a blast and they are home with us in a safe environment.  That’s ALWAYS a good day! 
 
I’ve now been using the store teeth whitening for two days.  I have noticed absolutely no difference so far. I wasn’t really expecting to notice a difference so quickly, BUT the box does say you’ll notice a difference after the first five minutes.  Hmmmm.
 
Alrighty everyone, it’s that time….Goodnight all…
 
By the way... How do you like the "8" sign Stacy picked out for todays post?  I personally think it's the best one yet!

1 comment:

  1. Love the "8Ball" Stacy!! Good job Brian!! All things that are hard to achieve feel the best!!

    ReplyDelete