Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Day 5: Red Robin and Candy!

 photo 07f0c7b2-7ff4-4918-8c7a-a66724608cd9_zps3283d906.jpg
 
Day 5: Show’em you’re alive! Yup, I’m alive and well.  As I mentioned yesterday, I’m gaining my confidence back.  Slowly but surely.  Today we’re going to do a few things as a family, nothing major, just some stuff to get the kids out of the house.  And by “kids” I mean Auden, Beckett and myself lol.
 
We went to Walmart and the Dollar Tree.  We were at Walmart for quite some time and the kids did great!  I did some thinking to.  I know, I know, that’s rare huh?  I realized some great things!  Well, some great things for someone who chewed for the last 16 years.  I didn’t need to make sure I had a spitter with me, I didn’t have to worry about how much chew I had left in my can and then measure it out for the length of time we’d be out.  I didn’t have to time my “spit” just right as to not offend anyone at the store.  I didn’t have to worry about carrying a used spitter around with me once I was done with my first dip.  Have you ever seen a used spitter?  There aren’t many things in life that are more disgusting, especially in a public place! I remember saying before that people who are addicted to nicotine plan their life around it.  That is just ONE small piece of what I mean by that.  Whether or not a smoker will admit it I don’t know, but I can assure you smokers time their exits and breaks around their cravings just like dippers do.  You know who you are…
 
Tonight for dinner we’re having our version of the Red Robin Chicken Tender Salad.  We love it!  We bake Tyson chicken tenders, chop them up and add them to lettuce, cheese (mozzarella tonight), hard boiled eggs, tomatoes, tortilla strips, and sunflower seeds. I also added a product made of bacon bits and a few types of nuts and it’s called “Salad Toppins.”  I’m not a big fan of the fake bacon bits but I like the mixture of nuts. Our favorite dressing for this particular salad is honey mustard but tonight I used sweet n’ sour. It was a good dinner!

 photo 16602bb6-e7ef-4c82-bf18-3ee31a7fd10f_zpsb3013562.jpg
 
 Now I’m sitting here all stuffed and this is usually one of the times I put in a dip.  Hard candy, sunflower seeds, a walk, anything to stay busy until the craving goes away.  Tonight, I played “Bingo Bash” on my Iphone.  Yes, It’s exactly what it sounds like, a Bingo App!  Stacy and I love it!  It’s a lot of fun and of course we make it competitive! 
 
Another major trigger time is when we are laying in bed watching TV before we fall a sleep.  I have my whole night stand filled with hard candy and it has been working wonders!  I just found some seasonal life savers called “Spring Time,” or something like that.  The flavors are Strawberry-Banana, Raspberry, and Watermelon.  I love them.  I got them at the Dollar General.  I also have the assorted fruit flavored hard candies.  I believe there are lime, lemon, orange and cherry.  I got these at the Dollar Tree.  I have of course, the green mint candies (Stacy’s favorite), the hard candy’s with strawberry filling in the middle, their wrapper also looks like a strawberry and the cinnamon (NOT Stacy’s favorite lol).  I got all of these at the Dollar Tree as well.  And last but not least, the kids have these Sponge Bob hard candies and I love them, therefore I steal from the kids and eat them.  I’m having a watermelon life saver right now and it’s hitting the spot.

 photo dbb8afd2-8f47-4f55-8744-f6ee3a8edd25_zps6ba79377.jpg

 After a few minutes Iron Chef America it’ll be bed time!  Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment