Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day 12: Motivation And A Movie!

 photo 55cd760a-67b1-432d-9034-cc72b5afae8b_zpsbbcae099.jpg
 
Day 12?  It feels like I’ve been doing this forever.  It’s only day 12?  That is my current attitude.  But, as always, Stacy helped me out.  She said “You’re 12 days further along than the person who hasn’t decided to quit yet.” She’s absolutely right!  I could still be on day zero, which is where MOST people are who have an addiction to nicotine. 
 
She also broke it down for me another way.  I keep saying that 100 days seems like such a long time and the 100th day seems so damn far away.  Well, it is far away!  However, Stacy broke it down like this.  She said “Let’s put 10 marks on the dry erase board.  Every ten days, we can erase one of the marks.  I don’t know why, but it felt great erasing that first mark.  I felt like I was getting somewhere.  It gave me power and strength over nicotine, which we all know is hard to obtain.  THANK YOU STACY!
 
After that talk and little “project” we did, the rest of the day went pretty well!  We went to Walmart because we needed to get an HDMI cable.  It’s amazing what one simple cable can do for technology.  All we have to do is plug one end of the cable into the lap top and one end into the TV and we can stream Netflix, You Tube, etc. right into the TV.  To save money, we decided to order Netflix, and downsize to the most basic Direct-TV package.  We are going to put Netflix (through the Wii) into the kids’ rooms and use the HDMI cable in our room.  It’ll save lots of money and the kids feel like “big” kids with a Wii in their room.  It’s a win-win situation.
 
I also stopped into the Dollar Tree to get more sunflower seeds.  I can easily say that sunflower seeds have helped me the most during my journey so far.  I mean as far as an oral replacement.  Stacy and our family have helped the absolute most overall.  The seeds, crystal light, staying busy, will power, luck, venting, and of course, the guys from www.killthecan.org have been a huge help!
 
For dinner, I got romantic.  I used a coupon and got Stacy and me a whopper and fries.  Yeah, that’s right, I’m a keeper!  On a serious note, it’s been a long time since I’ve had a whopper, damnnnnnn they are good!  Stacy and I talked about it the other day though.  We both said we’d take the Big Mac if we HAD to choose one or the other. 
 
I just finished watching a movie called “Here Comes the Boom,” staring Kevin James.  I always liked him ever since his days on The King of Queens.  He does good comedy in a clean way.  Not many people can do that these days!  Don’t get me wrong, I prefer the dirtier, more offensive comedy, but it was a fun movie.  And yes, it ends exactly how you’d expect it to, kind of like all clean comedies do.
 
 photo d923af71-0070-46da-a306-f5b9f87b0695_zps03ad6cb8.jpg
 
 During the movie, I did have one fake chew.  I’m a little bummed about it, but I’d be even more bummed if it was real chew.  One day at a time! Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment