Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 3: Updated Weigh-In, Regained Confidence?

 photo 6ef3d9e6-4b45-4f41-b5a8-eec283afb2f5_zps843a1b5a.jpg
 
Day 3: Today is supposed to be my last day with any nicotine in my body. I know I’ve told you this 75 times already. After 72 hours, the body is nicotine free. I feel pretty good today, although the fake chew is helping. There are MANY questions yet to be answered when it comes to quitting nicotine. However, one answer I do have is that I know staying busy HELPS me a ton! Staying busy doesn’t mean I have to be saving babies from bear attacks, curing cancer, etc. It just means I need to keep my body and brain moving forward. That also means two things: If I keep my body and brain moving forward, it means I’m staying busy and it means I’m staying positive. Stacy’s theory for me and this journey is simple. I have wonderful family support and she’d never let me go without any of the needed resources for quitting, no matter the cost. With that being said, I just need to believe in myself like everyone else does.
 
According to Stacy, believing in myself can go a long way. I’m not sure that I ever fully believed in myself. I believe in everyone else, and I relied on everyone else, but at the end of the day, no one can stop me from chewing tobacco except for me.
 
Although today is only Day 3, for the second time, It’s weigh in time again! My first two weigh-ins went as follows:
 
Day 1: 189.2 lbs
Day 7: 190.0 lbs
  Day 14: 186.6 lbs
 
The moral of the story, or the point of my weigh-ins was to prove to everyone that “gaining weight” was NOT a good excuse to continue smoking/chewing. However, I’ve been honest the whole entire time and I won’t stop now. I assumed I’d gain weight. I assumed I’d gain a few pounds per week. Once I “peaked” I was going to tell everyone that I feel GREAT for not chewing and I could care less about the few pounds lol. But, I’ve been losing weight so I have been super lucky right? Either way, the “weight gain excuse” is an excuse! You can not quit nicotine if you have ANY doubts. Hell, I have failed twice so far and I didn’t have any doubts that I knew of! Imagine how hard it’d be if you knew going into it that you had doubts.
 
Ok folks, are you ready? Today when I weighed myself, I weighed 182.6 lbs! I HAVE NO IDEA how I continue to lose weight! Ask Stacy, I am eating! I’m eating at all hours of the day/night and I haven’t watched my food intake in the least!
 
 photo e1f933c1-341a-4085-8c15-91baf25848cf_zps72e9ad9f.jpg
 
My only explanation for all of that is that I am very active. No, I don’t have a personal trainer and I don’t schedule a work out time (not yet), but I am active for pretty much the whole entire day. Raising two children is absolutely a work out! It’s also a work out that you have no choice but to complete every day. You can blow off the gym and you can “dog” it at the gym. You can’t blow off the kids and you can’t take short cuts with the kids, assuming you care about them lol.
 
Ok everyone, I’m tired….For the exact reasons I just mentioned. Day three has been successful! Good night all…

No comments:

Post a Comment