Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day1: Man Up!

 photo 1e614563-b1c8-4692-a95c-007a5af08b74_zps70bd008b.jpg
 
Day 1:  I felt weird, depressed and angry when I just typed “Day 1.”  I also felt happy, powerful and honest.  Either way, it’s the right thing to do.  There are about 65 billion metaphors for this type of stuff, but I can’t thank you enough: Momma Roush, Stacy, J. Wilt, my Aunt Carrie, my cousins Scott, Shannon and Jennifer, R. Hautmann, and the rest of you who stood behind me in their own way.  I can’t thank you enough! 
 
When I woke up this morning, I felt like a failure.  I felt like I wasted everyone’s time for the last two weeks, which is probably true.  However, I believe I can make up for that if I get back on track and stay on track. It’s not easy, as you all now know.  It’s not fun at times, well it’s rarely ever fun.  I know I have to put myself through the “beginning” stages all over again.  I also know I’m willing to do this because I know it’s going to be good for me and my family.  The very same family that I’m extremely lucky to have in the first place.
 
Welp, I now have to go three days.  That’s my first goal.  Why three days?  Well, after three days, or 72 hours, the body is nicotine free.  Granted, I only had one dip so maybe it’s only two days, one day, etc.  However, I’m assuming the worst and I’m going to say I need three full days to get all of the nicotine out of my body. I have beaten this stage before and I’ll beat it again.  The family and friend support is HUGE (it’s always huge) at this stage.  I’m already thanking all of you! Now’s your chance to get out though lol.
 
Most people would usually make some big changes after failing to reach the same goal twice.  Sure, I have changes to make, but big changes?  I can’t.  I have a family and I have things I NEED to do for and with my family.  The biggest change I need to make is my will power.  I need to have more of it!  It’s that simple.  As my mom said the other day, I need to “man up!”  Yup, my mother said that.  It was hilarious, but she was serious at the same time.  Believe me, when mothers speak, you better listen!  I learned this from Stacy, Stacy’s mom and my mom.  They kind of have a way of getting their message across lol. 
 
When I wake up tomorrow, I’ll be back on track to my original goal: 100 days.  I’m really damn far away but I know I need to take it one day at a time.  Hell, one hour at a time.  Hell, one minute at a time!
 
Only god knows who will be there at the end of my journey, but I know I’ll be there, dip free for 100 days.  That I KNOW! Here goes nothin’….
 
Good night all…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment